502 Proxy Error @ed2kdump [OLDBUG]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Melikoth2

502 Proxy Error @ed2kdump [OLDBUG]

Post by Melikoth2 »

I tried to mass add some files this morning and after submitting got a 502 Proxy Error

AniDB Server wrote:Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /perl-bin/animedb.pl.

Reason: Document contains no data
I tried mass adding probably about 150 or so files, I was able to reproduce this using a large quantity of files. When adding a smaller number it does not appear. I tested up to 50 files at once with no problem. Some of the files used in the later tests were already in mylist, so I don't know if that would have any effect on my results.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

That's a known issue ^^;
Bug Reports - AniDB: Proxy error?
Bug Reports - AniDB: [CGI] ED2k Dump "Document Contains no Data"

And there are only workarounds for it:
Use ed2kdump with preferrably <50 files
Use AoM instead

Come to think of it, it may be useful to mention this somewhere on the ed2kdump-page...
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

the limit is 100 files at once... it was already reported and left as it is because you just have to split your batch when you have over a hundred!

Post by Guest »

Ahh, didn't mean to respost something that was already known about, I did a search for it ("502 proxy error") and came up with nothing relevant, so wasn't sure.

Also, just did a search for the AoM, never seen that before, so I'm gonna download it and check it out.

Could be a good idea to mention it on the dump page.. woulda kept me from thinking I broke something again, hehehe.
Melikoth

Post by Melikoth »

Yea, that was me, but I bet you coulda guessed that.