Request for adding the total viewing time in MyStats[DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

EVG

Request for adding the total viewing time in MyStats[DENIED]

Post by EVG »

as i noticed in MyStats there is animes, eps, files, size... :)
but there is no the total time i spend watching all my anime... :? :idea:
i dont think is gonna be a problem to add a total viewing time becauese in all eps u can see his len. :lol:
i think it will be helpful for most of us.
tnx in advence.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

EVG you can simply get AoM via http://www.anidb.net/client/ . It displays the total viewing time.

Also it is very helpful in adding new files to your Mylist and correcting AniDB data automatically.

Post by Guest »

ohh sorry didnt see this 1 :wink:
ok thanks anyway for the AoM Client :)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Glad I could help.

(I really wonder where whaha is and why I was able to snatch this one away from his greedy, helpful little admin hands *snicker*)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Skywalka wrote:(I really wonder where whaha is and why I was able to snatch this one away from his greedy, helpful little admin hands *snicker*)
:lol:
Hey, hey... be easy on me - I just woke up ^^;
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I wouldn't have been awake myself if my phone hadn't rang

(gawd english grammar - is the tense in this sentence correct at all? Usually I get it right without thinking about it but when I start thinking about it I get all confused cause I don't know any grammar at all ^^;;)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Seems to scan ok to me - though a comma somewhere might have helped make the meaning clearer

Rar

Post by Guest »

yes but not everybody can use the client! im on linux and i still would really want that feature to be implemented, please...
azntimm

Post by azntimm »

I'm not sure I'd want to know how much anime I've watched... To have it all down there in black and white--YOU HAVE WASTED X WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE WATCHING ANIME--might scare me off. :)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

you can't really say it was wasted.

You could say "how much time I spent watching stuff I didn't pay for" and that should worry you a bit.

I think "How much time it took you to file about 4000 CREQs" is a scarier number that I don't want to know about, and that's the number I would get reported if there was such a statistic ^_^

Of course you could've done something else, but the question remains how productive that time would've been used anyway... I still have to plant a tree, build a house but I don't feel I missed out on things :)

Although I want to have kids and it's unlikely I will get any sitting on my ass in front of the PC ^_^
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Anonymous wrote:yes but not everybody can use the client! im on linux and i still would really want that feature to be implemented, please...
there will be a linux client some day. (not soon though)
and anidb will probably never add such stats bc they're just to heavy on the server.

BYe!
EXP
pav

Post by pav »

exp wrote:
Anonymous wrote:yes but not everybody can use the client! im on linux and i still would really want that feature to be implemented, please...
there will be a linux client some day. (not soon though)
and anidb will probably never add such stats bc they're just to heavy on the server.

BYe!
EXP
does it mean somebody is working on it ? ill have a lot of spare time in july so i could write one...