Suggestions for the cur. handling of deprecated files [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Skywalka wrote:In the case that the ed2k link is wrong AoM will not know about it of course
Pipe down, that's exactly what I said!

I am still against changing ed2k links though... If the one who added the file has a bad file with wrong CRC, mark it as such and add the correct file with the correct ed2k...
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

hmmm... you maybe should've said "automatically" in your sentence.

I guess that is what you meant.

Then you are of course right. The ed2k will not be changed in an automatic granted creq but will have to be reviewed.

I am sorry if I made you cry.

:P
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Skywalka wrote:I am sorry if I made you cry.
I have to admit that I'd prefer to see that posting-style restricted to the mircx-forums...
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

He told me to pipe down and that is nothing else than telling me that I should "die Luft anhalten"/"Das Maul halten" (to translate it into german).

Look it up here if you like.

Sowas laß ich mir nicht sagen / Nobody can tell me that.

The only input I get from Iceman is always single sentence based and telling me that I am wrong. All the time. While that might be the case now and then I think it kind of sucks to behave like this because this time actually part of what he thinks he said didn't leave his brain and did not make it to the forum. While I understand that now and know what he meant I am not willing to take this kind of dealing with the efford of others to lead a conversation.

I am not always right, I know that. But when I read his last post I was fairly pissed. I mean really pissed. He thinks he said something which in fact he didn't. I am not a mindreader but when I react to what he writes and get into detail he should the h*ll not tell me to pipe down.

I understand english fairly well and it does not matter to me whether somebody tells me to "pipe down" in english or in german. In "real life" I would've reacted quite a bit different than just telling that person whether he wants to cry now.

I don't react friendly all the time, you know that. I usually try to state my point (and yes that might be in a lengthy manner but that is the way I discuss things - I talk a lot in real life and I write fast and with all my 10 fingers).

I guess I have to start plastering my comments with smileyfaces so everybody is happy.

And frankly it pisses me off that he can tell me to STFU in a "friendly" way and when reacting to that only I get commented on just because my style is similar to something on a board I've never been to. I was beeing sarcastic. He was beeing rude. I guess beeing rude is cool with you or what?
Last edited by Skywalka on Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention... yes I may have chosen a bad word... I still don't know what is wrong with it since it's not my first language and I don't have a very wide vocabulary to find a synonim, I though it wasn't an agressive word at all.

Please accept my appologizes, I'll try to be clearer on my future posts.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Skywalka wrote:And frankly it pisses me off that he can tell me to STFU in a "friendly" way and when reacting to that only I get commented on just because my style is similar to something on a board I've never been to. I was been sarcastic. He was beeing rude. I guess beeing rude is cool with you or what?
To be honest, I didn't know that "pipe down" has such a strong meaning (- just read it as "wait a sec"/"nun mal langsam").
I'm sorry - I didn't want to leave the impression that I'm fine with others insulting you.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

wahaha wrote:To be honest, I didn't know that "pipe down" has such a strong meaning (- just read it as "wait a sec"/"nun mal langsam").
Me neither...
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Alright then ^_^

See I watched so many movies and TV shows in english that I encountered "pipe down" a couple of times and it was never used in a friendly manner.

I am not angry anymore. :)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hehe, I'd take "pipe down" as a negative expression so if you use it be careful. ;)