Censorship on Hentai files [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

higgins68

Censorship on Hentai files [DONE]

Post by higgins68 »

hello
It would really be nice to indiquade in the Hentai files if they are censored :(
or not censored :D

some poepel could find it useful
:oops:

thanks
HIGGINS68
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this has been requested in the past.
the current way to handle this is to add that information to the file description.
and i think that does the job.
as only very few animes would need such a censored/uncensored flag i don't think it's usefull to add it as a seperate entry @ file add dialog

BYe!
EXP
higgins68

Post by higgins68 »

yes
this could be solution

could you put it on BLIND NIGHT on the animeinfo line please
and give me a way to signal all the others

thanks
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

higgins68 wrote:could you put it on BLIND NIGHT on the animeinfo line please
and give me a way to signal all the others
Just as an introduction:
The infos in AniDB are separated by animes (e.g. ep-count, release-year), episodes (ep-title, is it a recap?) and files (filesize, released by, filetype).

Whether "a hentai" is censored is actually a file-related info as it may be different for different files, so it should be added to the file-description (as exp wrote). You can access the file-description by clicking on the number in the "fid"-column.

So in case of "Blind Night", this would mean adding "Censored" to the description-field in http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... 72&nonav=1.
... and as you can see, the info had already been added before ;)

If you want to suggest to make this info more visible, have a look at the Description Tooltips feature request first.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

sorry for being a necromancer.. but I think things have changed...

there are tons of files which would need that indiction... 572 GB worth of files to be precice (presently) amongst 410 H titles... plus there are stuff like KGNE and Gantz... :roll:
and you can add this option only for files under hentai animes if(genre == hentai) ? as wahaha said :P

anyway.. if you think it's still a bad idea... I've been personally following a pattern with censored/uncensored files so far...
see this: http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl ... q.id=84650

for the non-mods:
nwa (624) Message Added:
Please don`t add a comment if it`s uncensored.. add a comment only if it`s censored.

eviper (28187) Message Added:
well, since there is no certitude that people will add censored you will never be certain.
there are alot of uncensored in the DB already btw. Is there a rule somewhere in the forum if so I`ll revoke the CREQ

nwa (624) Message Added:
Nope, there isn`t a rule, more precicely.. I decided on that on my own.. although you can`t say I don`t have a logic behind it...
I think it`s unnecessary to comment on both, uncensored and censored files... commenting on 1 of them should be enough.
I chose to comment on the censored files as the original video isn`t censored... censoring is done by digitally editing the original files... so imo.. one should comment on files that have been modified.
And indeed, I used to include the `Uncensored` comments as well and there are plenty of them left (I ignored the Descr. files on your previous CREQ`s though), but I`ve been removing those (got to the letter D the other day.. it takes a lot of time :P ) and also change the `Censored` comments to 1 standard (renaming censored, Censored. and CENSORED to just Censored).
I doubt any of the mods besides Ultima would care about those comments though... ^^;

eviper (28187) Message Added:
before you started, a message on the board to deside what exp or the majority wanted, was maybe better :p
I understand and respect your point of view, but it will only be usefull if you take the task on yourself to verify if every hentai released too see if it`s censored.
Otherwise people still need to d/l before they are 100% sure because exp didn`t build a message/flag to note that you should put censored when needed when you add hentai.
Adding both is atleast 100% sure.
Shall I delete or revoke the creq?
I'm not against only mentioning the censored/uncensored status in the Description field... but I'm kinda against for commenting on both - censored and uncensored files..

oh yeah.. could you at least make so that the html code is not visible when hovering over the comments icon? right now you see stuff like <br> there ^_^;
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

As there are three states, censored/uncensored/unknown, it makes sense to have comments for two of them. And as people are likely to add some files without reading any rules on the subject, having unknown as no comment seems sensible.
So, if you use comments for this information, you really should comment both censored and uncensored, I think.

Rar
egg

Post by egg »

Just a question, are there animes that are not hentai that are censored for TV or movies, and then can be released on DVD uncut?

This doesn't necessarily have to be for nudity or sex, it could be for language, violence, ... or maybe even because editing for time. I know that is happening frequently now in the US, but I do not know if it applies to Anime. In this case there would be a more common usage of the flag (although frequently it would be unused).
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

egg wrote:Just a question, are there animes that are not hentai that are censored for TV or movies, and then can be released on DVD uncut?
Most recent cases for this would be GantZ and Girl bravo
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

And Elfen Lied.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

and KGNE

Following your logic, Rar... then we should also add 'uncensored' for animes as well to keep the consistency... not to mention all the older hentais that have files should also all be commented on.. I think that's overkill... :roll:
kidan

Post by kidan »

For DB-size reasons a flag(2bit) would be better than adding a comment for each file (ca. 8 byte). So, if a lot of files should get an indication, if the file is censored (not only for hentai), which I'm in favour of, then it would be best to implement a flag (3-state, cens./uncens./unkown) for this.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Overall, I am all for this - It would be great to be able to compare the initial TV release with the DVD version later on - but finding those releases would require some kind of switch in your prefereces or on the specific page for an anime to enable/disable like "only show uncensored files" for instance.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

i might think about implementing this after all.
however I'd need to have two new icons
* censored
* uncensored
("unknown/does not apply" would be no icon)

BYe!
EXP
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Image Image

JOKE! SORRY!

Rar
Amour

Post by Amour »

egg wrote:Just a question, are there animes that are not hentai that are censored for TV or movies, and then can be released on DVD uncut ?
Hokuto no Ken - French.