[ ] deleted
[ ] shared
[ ] release
[any state |v]
-
-
[Update]
[Show All]
The [] lines are checkboxes. "complete" shows all animes where the number of Eps in the mylist matches the number of Eps in the anime. "incomplete" shows all animes where this is not the case. This directly correlates with the current hide/show complete/incomplete filters.

"seen", "unseen" and "partially" are the extension of the current "hide viewed" filter. "seen" shows any animes that are stalled, "unseen" shows any animes that have not been watched at all so far (view count == 0), and "partially" shows the rest.

The state filter work analogous. With all of them checked, the mylist shows all files, regardless of state, with less then all checked only files that match one of the selected states are displayed.

The "any state" dropdown is used to filter animes by state rather then files, and replaces the current array of state icons.
By default, all checkboxes are checked and the dropdown is "any state".

Lastly... I don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but would it be possible to show more then one state icon for animes (not files)? I.e., if I have two releases of an anime (let's say ShareReactor's med-quality no-group release, and zx's HQ-DVD-rips) and one of them is onhdd and the other oncd, then the anime will appear as state mixed. That's not exactly tidy and often a little confusing...

I'm not sure if this is possible to implement, but I'd prefer it if the anime state icons were determined differently: If there is at least one file with state N for each episode in the mylist, the anime has state N. This holds true for all states, so the anime can have two states N and M if every episode has at least two files and at least one file with state N and at least one more file with state M. An anime also has a "mixed" state if there are any files that do not match the anime's state. For example:
ep 1 / file 1: on hdd
ep 1 / file 2: on cd
ep 1 / file 3: release
ep 2 / file 1: on hdd
ep 2 / file 2: on cd
ep 3 / file 1: on hdd
ep 3 / file 2: on cd
This anime would have three states: "on hdd", "on cd" and "mixed". If ep1 / file 1 is removed, it has two states: "on cd" and "mixed". If ep1 / file 3 is then changed to on hdd, it has two states: "on cd" and "on hdd".

To further drive exp insane...
Another "nice thing" would be to treat the "release" and "shared" states special: For the state calculation, they are treated as "on hdd" but add a state icon to the anime entry. So in the example above, the anime would have the states "on hdd", "on cd" and "release" in both of the first two scenarios.

The nice thing about this would be that you can see at a single glance what you have: If the anime has the states on hdd, on cd and release, you can tell immediately that the user who's mylist you're looking at has at least one set of all episodes on cd, one set of all episodes on hdd and is releasing one or more of these files...
Last edited by Elberet on Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
egg

Post by egg »

Iceman[grrrr] wrote:But things shared are always on HDD usually! Unless you want to kill your CD drive :lol:
As Elberet pointed out, this is supposed to be an OR condition (I didn't word it too well).

I like the following layout that Elberet posted, although it is missing the original request :) I would make the checks refresh automatically, so you don't need an update button (although this could get annoying if you have a lot things to [un]check and a slow connection).

So here is my version:

Code: Select all

Filters: 
[ ] complete
[ ] all available
[ ] incomplete 
-
[ ] seen 
[ ] all have
[ ] partially
[ ] unseen 
- 
[ ] unknown 
[ ] on hdd 
[ ] on cd 
[ ] deleted 
[ ] shared 
[ ] release 
- 
[ ] on wishlist
[ ] on unfiled
[ ] on to watch
[ ] on to get
[ ] high priority
[ ] medium priority
[ ] low priority
[ ] not on wishlist
-
[ ] notification
[ ] all
[ ] new
[ ] group
[ ] no notification
- 
[Check All] [Uncheck All]
As long as I was at it, I threw in filters for wishlists and notifications. These may be futures, but this shows how they can fit into the same scheme.

This really has evolved and definitely needs to be moved to the Request forum.

egg
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

egg wrote:I would make the checks refresh automatically, so you don't need an update button (although this could get annoying if you have a lot things to [un]check and a slow connection).
IMO, it gets annoying as soon as you have to reload the page more then twice to set your desired filter. Which means if you want all on-cd files that you have watched - that'd be three reloads. If a JS is supposed to submit the form, then that JS should either implement a timeout so that you have a chance to uncheck/check several fields before it submits the changes.

But an Update button would be so much easier. ;)

And yep, if some mod could split the last few posts into a new thread in the feauture request, that'd be nice.
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

Oh sorry, my bad...

And I'm against automatic reloading... clicking an update link is not to hard imho
egg

Post by egg »