Option for user to hide ep. titles everywhere [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

rowaasr13

Option for user to hide ep. titles everywhere [tracked]

Post by rowaasr13 »

I'd like to have option for user to hide ep. titles everywhere on AniDB - sometimes they tell too much. Same goes for anime descriptions.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I second that.

I name all my files "Anime - xx [Group]" since that was the way files were/are releases on Sharereactor. Additionally I don't really care about episode names for all TV shows except "Friends" (you know, because of the "The One With ..." because that is special).

So I think there should be the option to hide all episode titles and not include them into the ed2k links when you click them. That would be nice and I guess it is quite easy to be implemented. (or at least I hope so)
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

I agree on it as well. Episode titles are pretty useless imho anyway, since you can`t burn them on cd, and you usually check which episodenumber you have - not if the title is the same.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Gambit wrote:... since you can`t burn them on cd, ...
You can't? :? Works pretty well for me. And I'd be lost if all the files were called "Cowboy Bebop - 24.avi" and not "Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman.avi"... ;)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Elberet wrote:
Gambit wrote:... since you can`t burn them on cd, ...
You can't? :?
Without using Romeo, you'd quickly run into trouble with long ep-titles, especially when you include other info (sub/dub/group) aswell.

Example:
"Sekushi Commando Gaiden, Sugoiyo! Masaru - 22 - Masaru-Held-Back-A-Year-Hell-Celebration-By-Train-Meso... - [CS&SC-B](6931cf0c).avi" (15694)
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Joliet actually does support filenames of more then 64 characters, however that support is not part of the official specifications. As far as I know, the Joliet architecture is very open, and the 64-char limitation is merely a minimum that the specs define. At least Windows XP and Linux 2.4.20 (the OSs I have running here) seem to do so and have no problems handling DVDs with relaxed Joliet restrictions and really, really long filenames.
zaufany

Post by zaufany »

I like this feature too. I need only something like this for my files:
Jin-Roh - Part 1 - [iNOS].avi
If i need more information about a file, I'll use AniDB.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

You mean something like the feature in the html-lightblue template? or for all list screens?
I don't want the second but making customizable links could be good.
Last edited by DonGato on Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

DonGato wrote:I don't want the second but making customizable links could be good.
I agree. Customizable links would really be great. Image (<- smilie stolen of the ar forum ;))
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

customizable ed2k links are ontodo.
however, i don't see a real need to implement an option to hide ep titles on the anime page.

BYe!
EXP
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

exp wrote:however, i don't see a real need to implement an option to hide ep titles on the anime page.
Just as I said - they can be spoilers, sometimes. I really don't want to know that episode X+10 will be called "XYZ revival", when I just watched episode X, where said XYZ died.
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Hmmmmm...

That's a point, but I still don't think episode titles should be hidden. :? If they're gone, it'd be much harder to use the AniDB as a reference.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Quoting my first post:
rowaasr13 wrote:I'd like to have option for user...
Elberet

Post by Elberet »

Oooh, I see now.

Well, the feauture might be interesting, but it's probably not very far up on the totem pole...
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Btw, another way of solving the "ep-titles tell too much"-problem:
- New "spoiler"-flag for each ep, just like "recap"
- Profile-setting for hiding such ep-titles
( - Could automatically be un-hidden for watched eps)