Mylist export error

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Sanmia

Mylist export error

Post by Sanmia »

Hi,

I recently exported Mylist. When I try to view Mylist now on the website, there are no entries. I didn`t knew that when I export Mylist, the list on the site would be removed. I thaught that doing a mylist export would not modify mylist!

And even now when I add an anime series to Mylist, nothing appears in the list.

When I try to import the xml file back, I only get errors.

Taskete!!
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

Sanmia

Post by Sanmia »

Yeah..

How can I get it back??
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

what do you get on that link? empty page?
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

We can see your mylist just fine, exporting does not remove it from the webinterface, if you click on the link that epoximator gave you (it's the link to your mylist..) and can't see anything listed there, it's a bug.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I got this as a pm earlier.
I can't think of any server side reason for such a problem. If he indeed can't access his mylist, even though we can all see it, it is probably due to some broken browser or proxy.

Sanmia:
A mylist export does not modify your mylist in any way.
And the mylist import function is not meant for AniDB mylist exports at the moment. So far it only supports myanimelist exports. But even if it would support AniDB exports, you'd only get errors if you already have the files in your mylist. And from the link epoximator posted, you do.

BYe!
EXP
Sanmia

Post by Sanmia »

Hey, guys!

I changed the style of the page and that worked. So probably it was a bug in the 'webstyle' (or how do you call it).

Jokataaa!

And thank you very much!
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I also recommend you not to use Japanese words that freely if you don't know how they're written in romaji :D
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

nwa wrote:I also recommend you not to use Japanese words that freely if you don't know how they're written in romaji :D
considering romaji is no science he could make up his own scheme and claim it to be correct. but yeah using words froma language you don't understand more than some bits is usually a good way to make fun of yourself
Sanmia

Post by Sanmia »

Lol,

As long as you know what I mean I don't really care =P