need an advice

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

kamuzu

need an advice

Post by kamuzu »

Hello. I'm looking for an anime with a particular character - a very strong girl, both physically and mentally. Her behavior should be, I'd say, guy-like.
The closest match I know is Revy from Black Lagoon. Not necessary to be a killing spree, though).
Can anybody help me?
caliber

Post by caliber »

Ikki Tousen?

That one is the first series. There is a 2nd, but obviously you WILL watch the 1st series if you do watch it that is.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... me&aid=618
kzq

Post by kzq »

capeta , devil may cry , Ookiku Furikabutte , Bosou Renkin , slayers
kamuzu

Post by kamuzu »

looks pretty ecchi from the cover=)

thanks to all, it seems that I'll have a long time watching all of this).

I should have given more precise description, probably. The girl should enjoy her superiority. And drama is preferable.
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

I definitely agree with Ricce's suggestion of Pumpkin Scissors, it certainly seems to fit your description so far. She's the leader of a military unit, a master swordsman, and a noble. Good drama too.

There's also Tenshi na Konamaiki, which is about a girl who claims that she used to be a boy, but was granted a wish that turned her into a girl, and she keeps looking for a way to turn back. She often acts quite masculine and is very confident in herself. An excellent show with good drama, I highly recommend it.

Then there is Lina Inverse, from just about any part of the Slayers series. She's a violent, powerful, genius, tomboy with a mastery of magics that could lay a town to waste (and occasionally does.) It's more of a comedy than a drama though. (note: I'd skip Slayers Try if you watch this series.)

If you are looking for something where the girl acts "guy-like" at work there's Hataraki Man, where the "man" named in the title is actually a woman. Definitely a drama as well.

Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl: Secret of the Lovely Eyepatch and its sequel kind of fit, but she only really becomes "guy-like" when she dons the eyepatch and is possessed by the spirit of the great swordsman Jubei Yagyu.

It's been a while since I've seen Combustible Campus Guardress, but if memory serves that also fits your description. (It's kind of old though.)

If you don't mind including kids, there's The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas, the main character is a young tomboy who's occasionally mistaken for a boy.

Some other "tough girl" anime I recall:
Airmaster
Avenger (note: I didn't like this anime)
Kiddy Grade
Mezzo DSA
Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School

Hope that helps! :)
caliber

Post by caliber »

kamuzu wrote:
looks pretty ecchi from the cover=)

thanks to all, it seems that I'll have a long time watching all of this).

I should have given more precise description, probably. The girl should enjoy her superiority. And drama is preferable.
Looks like that. I don't even remember it being Ecchi.

Though, you ignore it really from all whats happening.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

caliber wrote:Looks like that. I don't even remember it being Ecchi.
Though, you ignore it really from all whats happening.
It's not ecchi if you consider 19 pantsu-shots a minute to be normal.
ThannoDragon

I'm New...

Post by ThannoDragon »

Here i suggest some guy-like girls

"Phantom The Animation"
"Sayonara Zetsubu Sensei"
"Devil Hunter Yohko"(if u can ever find them T_T)
"Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers"
"Demon Fighter Kocho"
"Shadow Skill"

these are the guy-like girls with guts to even fight boys.
kidan

Post by kidan »

I might add "Shakugan no Shana" to this list.
Ginja

Post by Ginja »

kamuzu

Post by kamuzu »

ok, I've finished watching Pumpkin Scissors). Overall, I liked it, but it could have been better in many respects. Too much was left untold, and the ending is somewhat inexpressive. There was several events that suprised me enough, though. They probably were (or are) going to release one more season. Alice's character has reminded me much of that of Mazzy Fentan (this name isn't common knowledge, but those who know will definitely agree). They are both cool=).
Thanks for new advices, I'll try something new, today.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

kamuzu wrote:Alice's character has reminded me much of that of Mazzy Fentan (this name isn't common knowledge, but those who know will definitely agree). They are both cool=).
Ha! Now that`s an interesting idea to have those two matched :) But at least Mazzy is more crafty with 2 swords or a bow ;) And a lot less naive ...