Something like Monster

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Mazero

Something like Monster

Post by Mazero »

I had a break from anime for a while and got back, and watched the whole Monster series (which I had only began about a year ago) in like 3 days. :P

I was hooked until the end and it still riddles me why it isn't in first place on the top 10 list, I mean Full Metal Alchemist is not nearly as good in my opinion. How can someone vote a 1 on Monster anyway?

Anyway my question is, can someone recommend an anime somewhat similar to Monster?

P.S. Haven't watched Monster? What the hell are you waiting for?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Similar to Monster... don't know. Maybe you would like Master Keaton but is not as Monster. Which things you liked about Monster to see what to recommend.
Mazero

Post by Mazero »

Well, I liked just abour everything about monster... Good story, good characters and a perfect villain...
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, Juuni Kokuki has that (maybe not a single and elaborated perfect villain). With no more data there are lots of series I like because of that (like Last Exile). Hard to recommend.
ricce

Post by ricce »

how about giving the recommendation database a chance...
There is a link from anime page:
http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/664.html
basiljabber

Post by basiljabber »

im curently watching monster(made it to ep 31 after 3 weeks). and i think it sucks big time...... i just keep watching just in case something intresting happens, i mean common this is like watching brazilian soap operas on tv.. nothing really happens(at least not till ep31).

i guess this makes me the one that could vote 4-5 for monster(didnt yet im waiting to finish it just in case )
Mazero

Re: ...

Post by Mazero »

basiljabber wrote:im curently watching monster(made it to ep 31 after 3 weeks). and i think it sucks big time...... i just keep watching just in case something intresting happens, i mean common this is like watching brazilian soap operas on tv.. nothing really happens(at least not till ep31).

i guess this makes me the one that could vote 4-5 for monster(didnt yet im waiting to finish it just in case )
And what's interesting? Several episodes long ninja fights? :p
Ginja

Post by Ginja »

Gankutsuou
kzq

Post by kzq »

imo definitely death note
Boino

Post by Boino »

yes,death note, neo genesis evangelion, ghost in the shell....