looking for a particular anime ...

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

newuser

looking for a particular anime ...

Post by newuser »

hello , i'm looking for a particular anime that might not exist , i'm not asking about a spesific genre or a recommendation , i'm looking for a certain theme in anime series (or movie) , where the lead is a guy of the loser type , like keitaro from love hina (actually keitaro is not only a loser but he is also a complete retard and i hated the anime because of him) , who gets it hard from everyone around him.

a complete loser in all aspects , then as the his story goes further , he shifts his personality , for one or many reasons.

i dont mean a change of personality like turning from a loser to a hero who saves the day , no , im talking about something different , for example , like turing from the love hina loser Keitaro, who acts retarded , stupid , cowerdly 99% of the time , who deals with a tough situation by pulling stupid faces or crying , into a guy that is serious , more concerned about his situation and fixing an attitude , becoming decisive and building some confidence amd pride , having the balls to hurt someone (he shouldnt become evil though) in a selfish act , in other words , pulling his act together and STARTS TRYING to take what he wants not just waits for someone to give it to him.

is there an anime like that?

the reason i used keitaro as an example because in my opinion , everyone in the anime had their characters develop along the series , except for him who needed it the most , he kept taking that girls punches (emotional ones) , and only reacted with the stupidest face expressions one could make , he friggen made a confession on behalf of that girl that he likes to that professor , that episode made me so frustrated , that girls teasing should have been a great apportunity for him to start seeing things differently , it was a major disappointment for me that they got together at the end.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

You know, watching anime won't evolve you from loser-dom...

Rar
newuser

Post by newuser »

Rar wrote:You know, watching anime won't evolve you from loser-dom...

Rar

that was not a very nice thing you to say
please dont post anything in my thread unless its related to my question
egg

Post by egg »

newuser wrote:that was not a very nice thing you to say
please dont post anything in my thread unless its related to my question
Your statement is valid, but it isn't wise to say it to a mod. Especially one that likes locking threads on a whim.
Tsumuji

Post by Tsumuji »

You should try these...

The manga "Love and Collage" (INOUE Kazurou)
I wont tell much about it, but the lead is in the same situation as Keitaro, but their personallity is very different... This is a story about "love for parts"...
It's great don't miss it :!:

Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Ken`ichi
This could be what you were looking for, average weak guys change because of a beautifull girl and 5 strange masters... He is History`s Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

This last one is a little speciel, but you might like it as much as I did :wink:
NHK ni Youkoso!
You might find it weird in the beginning, but don't stop watching it. The story follows the life of hikikomori Sato-san...

Regards,
Tsumuji
newuser

Post by newuser »

thank you Tsumuji,

although the guy doesnt have to change for a girl , it could be any other reason or a build up of reasons (events and situations or encounters with different people) as his story goes, and i prefer a development in his personality (stronger personallity) only rather than growing along a stronger body.

those you mentioned sound very interesting

Tsumuji

Post by Tsumuji »

If a development in the charactors personlity is what your looking for, both anime show and manga of Kenpuu Denki Berserk could be an option...(I prefer the manga as it contiunes beyond the anime)
In the story you see great changes in Guts life, since his dramatic birth to his meeting with the Hawk!

Another development of a charactor, could be Rock from the two Black Lagoon seasons... great show...

Regards
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

Somehow Gutts doesn't come across as a loser to me, maybe I missed something though...
Tsumuji

Post by Tsumuji »

True Hoerie... He might not be a loser like Keitaro, due to the settings of the story, but consdering his relationship to his father and his social position, he is in my oppinion a "loser" if it's the correct word to use... A better word would be sacrifice or victim
Though he probably didn't have much of a choice as you will know if you have seen/read the story...

I didn't really think about the loser part when I recommended it, and I focused more on just the development part I guess
retroactiv

Post by retroactiv »

Tsumuji wrote:You should try these...

Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Ken`ichi

NHK ni Youkoso!

Black Lagoon
You should take this guy's recommendations seriously.

I've added Kenpuu Denki Berserk to my "to watch" list.
Ginja

Post by Ginja »

I'd have to say Beck...
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Also, "Eyeshield 21". When you get up to episode 87 you really see how the main character, Sena, has changed.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Ginja wrote:I'd have to say Beck...
this one looks very interesting , thanks :)