mushishi

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

arsenio

mushishi

Post by arsenio »

what is so special about mushishi i've downloaded but i dont have the feeling to watch it
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

That it's good?
arsenio

Post by arsenio »

PetriW wrote:That it's good?

what is so great about it
suppy

Post by suppy »

durr ... what the heck do you think the reviews are for?
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... t&aid=3433
arsenio

Post by arsenio »

suppy wrote:durr ... what the heck do you think the reviews are for?
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... t&aid=3433
i didnt even know that there were reviews on anidb
tleilax

Post by tleilax »

Personally, I find Mushishi enjoyable because of its philosophical leanings and unusual depth. On the surface it's about a wanderer investigating paranormal events in an ancient japanese setting, which makes it a reasonably entertaining anime by itself, but the stories all have a great message for those willing to look a little beyond the surface.

The anime also has reasonably high production values. The minimalistic music making use of what I assume are traditional japanese instruments is very fitting and adds to the atmosphere. The detailed, mostly lush and green backgrounds also add a lot to the setting and work well to contrast with the simple character design and animation.
Jabaniz

Post by Jabaniz »

tleilax wrote:Personally, I find Mushishi enjoyable because of its philosophical leanings and unusual depth. On the surface it's about a wanderer investigating paranormal events in an ancient japanese setting, which makes it a reasonably entertaining anime by itself, but the stories all have a great message for those willing to look a little beyond the surface.

The anime also has reasonably high production values. The minimalistic music making use of what I assume are traditional japanese instruments is very fitting and adds to the atmosphere. The detailed, mostly lush and green backgrounds also add a lot to the setting and work well to contrast with the simple character design and animation.
its maybe my favorite anime right now, i just downloaded a couple weeks ago its greta
tsipulia

mushishi

Post by tsipulia »

If anime like this one made it to american tv, we would live in a much better world, i think. It makes you think about values... However, its not an all out emotional fight, it has a calm and light feeling to it.....

Well, Mushishi makes me feel better.
Eldoran

Post by Eldoran »

Well, it's just good. Kind of unique and very well thought through. Refreshing.
minus-one

Post by minus-one »

it's one of the best anime out there :roll: (it's just that good). it has very unique atmosphere, storytelling... everything's good. btw, there is so much fuss about it, that if you don't have a feeling to watch it you've already missed it.
TheJAG

Post by TheJAG »

If you don't stand those animes that are all talk and no action. then this is defenetly not for you.
The series is about 3/4 talk and 1/4 that makes the story go forward. :P

Personally I like these kinds of animes, well acctually I like all the animes I've seen so far. :D
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

Then you haven´t seen Popotan :?
TheJAG

Post by TheJAG »

ThorStrom wrote:Then you haven´t seen Popotan :?
No I havn't, but I will soon. :P
Caio

Post by Caio »

Well, this thread's a bit old, and I guess the OP has already made his mind up, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents:

Mushishi is definitely worth watching. I just finished the series myself and I gotta say I'm pretty damned impressed. I could be jumping the gun here, but I'd say it's up there in my top ten. Maybe even mae even my favourite series.

I think what really impresses me about it is that if you were to describe it to me, I'd probably assume it sucked. Like, it was such a nice surprise.

It's got a real sense of peacefulness and nature to it, which I think is what really makes it so great. All the reflective philosophy/ethics/spirituality stuff matches the tone. And the heavy topics are kind of countered by strong characters. There are probably hundreds of characters in this, but they're all interesting, and they push the more thinky stuff along. Another thing is that, for all the heaviness, it's really easy to follow, and relaxing. It's kind of like the opposite to a lot of philosophical animes, which tend to be fast-paced and sometimes hard to follow.

I recommend Mushishi pretty highly to anyone. Hopefully they make another series sometime, but if they ever do, it wont be anytime soon... I read they're out of manga.
ashokmorya

Post by ashokmorya »

well, i thin its a must watch.....its sooo cool like a breeze.......its like touches the soul.......i have watched nearly 70 anime series and its one of the coolest ones.the title and end songs are really good too.
enjoy it.