Worst ending ever

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Peterus

Worst ending ever

Post by Peterus »

By worst ending i mean biggest dissapointment. So some totaly un-watchable production with trashy ending doesn't count.
If u wanted to take some anime crew hostage and force them to rewrite ending, while still worshipping their previews works... and previws episodes - this is it.

My TOP1 worst ending is Monster.
Recycling cool characters is common practice... but this?! (trying to avoid spoliers, but better skip it if u didn't watch it yet) Whole last scene of Tenma vs Johan was extremaly inconsistent, sheltering Tenma morality by some drunken shooter was pathetic... and his later decision to operate was just plain stupid!
Amour

Post by Amour »

Harry Potter's ending.

And seriously, the worst is Gantz's ending.
argith

Post by argith »

trigun.i didnt like its ending
Sosseres

Post by Sosseres »

Euerka 7, but it wasn't that great to start with... :/

Juuni Kokuki is another one, ending there?

Shen Diao Xia Lu II: Xie Dan Qi Jing also had a nasty ending, the torrent I uploaded for it excluded the last episode, it ought to be included in the next season.

Tenjou Tenge never really finished, well the manga is still ongoing...

I generally like anime endings, the episodes leading up there is usually my problem.
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

Well Gantz for one, but I think Mahoromatic was the worst. It left me looking like a big :?: , and that REALLY pissed me off :evil:
There are several animes the end as cliffhangers, wich actually is ok, because they continue as manga´s or sequels, but Mahoromatic was like a kick in the crotch.
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

Înuyasha....ok there is no real ending to call it one
Sosseres

Post by Sosseres »

ThorStrom wrote:but I think Mahoromatic was the worst. It left me looking like a big :?: , and that REALLY pissed me off :evil:
There are several animes the end as cliffhangers, wich actually is ok, because they continue as manga´s or sequels, but Mahoromatic was like a kick in the crotch.
Mahormatic 1 or 2? Just to clarify.
minus-one

Re: Worst ending ever

Post by minus-one »

Peterus wrote:My TOP1 worst ending is Monster.
Recycling cool characters is common practice... but this?! (trying to avoid spoliers, but better skip it if u didn't watch it yet) Whole last scene of Tenma vs Johan was extremaly inconsistent, sheltering Tenma morality by some drunken shooter was pathetic... and his later decision to operate was just plain stupid!
just to let you know, there are people (like me) who think monster's ending is the best suitable ending for the series. as for the REALLY bad ending, i'd have to say evangellion, and if you're asking about absolutely worst - maybe kare kano?
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

Sosseres wrote:
ThorStrom wrote:but I think Mahoromatic was the worst. It left me looking like a big :?: , and that REALLY pissed me off :evil:
Mahormatic 1 or 2? Just to clarify.
Well number 2, since number 1 let there be an opening for a 2. season. Number 2, on the other hand, had a very dissapointing ending, since it leaves you with a lot of questions.
Sosseres

Post by Sosseres »

minus-one wrote:just to let you know, there are people (like me) who think monster's ending is the best suitable ending for the series. as for the REALLY bad ending, i'd have to say evangellion, and if you're asking about absolutely worst - maybe kare kano?
Ya, Kare Kano was just cut in the middle, halfway through the manga or something along those lines. If they had continued it would have had to be as a drama instead of a comedy from how I understood it though, so perhaps it is good they ended it there anyhow?
kidan

Post by kidan »

minus-one wrote:...as for the REALLY bad ending, i'd have to say evangellion,...
Well, if you're talking about the ending of the original TV series, then I have to tell you, that the last 2 episodes of NGE are the best ending I've seen in anime. They are extremely stylish, resolve the storyline (Ok, you have to use your brain, but eva is not for the narrow minded) and give the Anime an edge lifting it from the usual mecha-action-dementia anime.
minus-one

Post by minus-one »

kidan wrote: They are extremely stylish, resolve the storyline (Ok, you have to use your brain, but eva is not for the narrow minded) and give the Anime an edge lifting it from the usual mecha-action-dementia anime.
it's extremly stupid, resolves nothing (it's just pseudo-psychological nonsense the only purpose of which was to buy itself wider audience) and it's gives a new meaning to the word "failure" (and your brain has nothing to do with this).

ps: and i like eva, i just don't like the ending ;-)
AlienMind

Post by AlienMind »

Gilgamesh: Forced me to watch all episodes to see a resolve of why the fook the 3 organizations are fighting against each other in the first place and why 2 of them don't cooperate. So (SPOILER ------------------------ -- --- ---- -- -- - - -- --- -), finally, last 10 minutes... "i want to kill every human to make better humans" (at least I understood it that way) -- BANG - everyone dead. Unbelievable..... stupid.

Regarding this subject:
Gonzo must have the longest history of perfectly good animes which in the end go wacko.
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

"Gilgamesh" just sucked, period. I agree that the ending of "Kare Kano" and "Neon Genesis Evangelion" were lame and obviously done after the budget ran out, but "Kare Kano" had the excuse that the manga was still going and NGE redeemed itself somewhat with the movie that replaced the last two episodes. However, I'm going to have to agree with ThorStrom that the end of the "Mahoromatic" series was utter garbage, so awful that it tainted the rest of what otherwise was not a bad anime. Basically, the second to last episode ends on a major cliffhanger, and the last episode skips ahead 10 years, says the cliffhanger ended badly, and shows that everyone has turned into an a-hole since then. I mean, WTF? :x
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

lol, right after I saw the ending of Mahoromatic, I immediately googeled "Mahoromatic ending wtf?", just to see if I was the only one that didn´t "get" the ending :P