Add Episode

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Wasser

Add Episode

Post by Wasser »

Hi! The thing is the following:
I downloaded an anime that isn't in AniDB, the file was a new encoding of the same anime. The first version was in the DB but the second one isn't.
I have the permission of the group to add this new data to the DB, but how can I add the ep info including the group that translated it?

Thanks.

P.S. I think the syntax of my text was very bad, sorry :P
Amour

Post by Amour »

Just like any other file, except you mark it v2 instead of v1.

ps: you don't need a group autorisation.
Wasser

Post by Wasser »

I mean group authorization like they allowed me to do it (maybe it would be rude to do it without letting them know;)

The thing is that when I click in Add Episode I don't have the option to select a group. I can only add title, number and another bunch of stuff...

Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way :P

[EDIT] Found it, I was adding an "episode" and not adding "files"

Sorry for the disturbance
Last edited by Wasser on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Wasser wrote:I mean group authorization like they allowed me to do it (maybe it would be rude to do it without letting them know;)
Files on AniDB are generally added by normal users and not by group members. So usually there should be no need to get authorization from the group.
There is no point in adding internal release versions though.
Wasser wrote:The thing is that when I click in Add Episode I don't have the option to select a group. I can only add title, number and another bunch of stuff...
see: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Content:Episodes
and http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Content:Files

if the episode is not yet added to anidb, you have to add the episode first.
after that you can add a file for that episode.

however, your first post sounded very much as if the episodes are already there! make sure you understood how episodes and files work on anidb!

BYe!
EXP
Wasser

Post by Wasser »

EXP.

While you were writing your answer I was "illuminated" and I found my way, cause I was doing it the wrong way :oops:

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, right now I'm adding the information :D