Clear notifies on history

Please report any sort of feature requests or bugs on the tracker instead of the forum! http://tracker.anidb.info

Moderator: AniDB

thrp

Clear notifies on history

Post by thrp »

I think that the notify warning below your nickname should be cleared when you go to the notify history through the H link next to it.

I always check my notifies in the notifies history because i can see all that i want to see in one place. but in the end i have to click the notify warning that brings the popup so that it clears the warnings.

ty
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

If this is implemented please make it optional.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

there is a special "clear all" link at the bottom of the notify history page, you can use that to achieve what you want.

however, just opening the notification history shouldn't clear the history. most people actually keep stuff in that list until it is purged automatically.

BYe!
EXP
thrp

Post by thrp »

i think you misunderstood, i want it to clear the notifies warning that appears bellow your nickname ( ! 1 notify(s) H ! ), not clear the history.

when you click the H to go to the history and see the all the new notifications it doesn't clear that warning... you are forced to click and open the popup for the warning to disappear. ie. the notify only gets acknowledged (Ack'ed) when you open the popup.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

it would still be contrary to the normal usage pattern for the notify history page. however, i guess we could add a new link "clear notification warnings" at the bottom of the page.

BYe!
EXP

EDIT: On second thought, we could get the behaviour you want by introducing a new profile setting for it, which defaults to off.
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

I'd be surprised if anyone actually prefers your "normal (i.e. historical) usage pattern". Killing the popup entirely and having the history page replace it would probably be beneficial for the normal anidb user.
saberhagem

Post by saberhagem »

I prefer the popup although I think it would be good to do like exp said in his last post.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

pelican wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone actually prefers your "normal (i.e. historical) usage pattern". Killing the popup entirely and having the history page replace it would probably be beneficial for the normal anidb user.
I do! But I'm insane! :twisted:
thrp

Post by thrp »

exp wrote:EDIT: On second thought, we could get the behaviour you want by introducing a new profile setting for it, which defaults to off.
that would suffice! :wink:

thanks for considering! :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

this is implemented and will become available with the next update.

BYe!
EXP
thrp

Post by thrp »

domo! :D
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

So ... let me summarize.
You have notifications 'on', which gives you the 'H' button below your profile. I usually click that 'H', which brings me to the History of the notifications, but does not clear the warning. The warning only disappears once you click on it.

I don`t mind. I like to have a shortcut to access my history of notifications, so I never click the warning link. But once I have removed some of my notifications (through 'remove all files added to mylist' or through the delete button on the right), the number of files in my notification-warning (next to the H, below my profile) doesn`t get updated until I have clicked the warning itself. Will that be fixed as well? Since, technically, you already handled those updates and there is no notification for that title on that list anymore. Currently the warning tells me there are 130 notifications for me, although the actual list only shows me the remaining 20 I haven`t handled yet.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well, the number of notifications shown in the nav bar is a cached value for performance reasons and is currently only updated when new notifications are generated or when you click on that link.

updating it when you remove part of the entries in the notification history would be somewhat complicated.
it's clearly a bug but I am lazy :P

BYe!
EXP
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

exp wrote:well, the number of notifications shown in the nav bar is a cached value for performance reasons and is currently only updated when new notifications are generated or when you click on that link.

updating it when you remove part of the entries in the notification history would be somewhat complicated.
it's clearly a bug but I am lazy :P
Oh, good, if that`s a bug then I can obviously request checkboxes next to the notifications, in order to remove several of them at the same time, as well :D
Want me to add this all to the tracker?

As for the Warning disappearing when you click the Ecchi-link next to it, I don`t mind that, as long as the H-link doesn`t disappear. Will that be the way it goes? Because it is troublesome to find that notification history all the time if the link is gone from the first page. It was the most useful link for me ;)
thrp

Post by thrp »

well... when there are no more notifications the H disappears. but as exp said, it will be optional and disabled by default so you can keep it the way it is now.