Banned IP range?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

defsyfe

Banned IP range?

Post by defsyfe »

So I've been trying for several hours to access anidb... after asking others on IRC they said everything was working fine... So I decided to use a proxy and see if I could enter the site... I can... =( Did you ban an IP range or sumtin?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

you got autobanned for excessive usage. the ban lasts 24h. just sign up finally.
we don't ban let's say countries and stuff- even though at times banning brazil or spain would be neat ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;
defsyfe

Eh?

Post by defsyfe »

I have an account and over a a few hundred series in my collection already... and to my knowledge I didn't view the page obsessively... I wasn't even home half the day....

Weird...

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... rch=search

The only thing I can think of is that link was posted in a channel where I'm hop/staff (anime-4ever's channel)... would others viewing my list contribute to the ban?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

no, only your requests.
always make sure that you're logged in though as the request limits for anonymous access are much lower than those for registered users.
most users never get problems with the current limits.

BYe!
EXP

PS: make sure you're not using some kind of browsing accelerator which might be preloading all linked pages while you're surfing.
defsyfe

Post by defsyfe »

Dunno what's up with that... :-\

I didn't really use it more than I regularly do... Just added some things to mylist and checked out some anime. I've browsed a lot more before... Oh well I don't care. I have my access back and I can view mylist. That's all that's important.
Auroken

Post by Auroken »

could be just the ISP, l had problems accessing with AOL however after using a UK AOL proxy l was fine.. maybe nothing like your problem but could be simular such as something like a static proxy cache and DNS had yet to be updated at the time
Nikilein

Post by Nikilein »

Well i got kinda the same problem, i didn`t change anything, in the morning i could enter the page and in the evening not anymore.

Dunno exactly what to do now.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

there seem to be some network problems atm.
the routing to two of the anidb servers breaks down every now and then.
so anidb may sometimes be unreachable for certrain or all users for short intervals.
for now we can only wait and hope that this will be resolved soon.

BYe!
EXP
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Maybe do a tracert to see where the error is? :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

PetriW wrote:Maybe do a tracert to see where the error is? :)
seems like a BGP routing issue.
at least sometimes.

BYe!
EXP