Hellsing Ultimate OVA

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

jet019

Hellsing Ultimate OVA

Post by jet019 »

Just read that Hellsing has been compltetely reanimated for the new Hellsing Ultimate Ova DVD that's coming out on December 5th. Although there is a one disc version that's coming out, I think I'm more interested in the two disc special edition with an hour of bonus materal--I've seen most of the original series, so I'm interested to see what extras they've decided to include.
You can find more about the new DVD here:http://hellsingultimate.com/
I wonder how much will be be taken from the original version of Hellsing, and how much will be reimagined for the new Ova DVD...
Any thoughts?
Boino

Post by Boino »

the only thing im wondering about is when the english version is comming out
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

The first DVD has already been released for some time now.
greiver179

Post by greiver179 »

I think the ova was more like the manga then the tv serie, and also more detailed and also didnt the ultimate ova also have the small hitler guy that thinks he is so special, like the manga
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

Yes, the ova contains the Nazi elements so conveniently left out of the TV series. The only acknowledgment if I remember correctly (been a LONG time since I watched the TV series) is that the freak chip had a swastika pattern in the circuitry. That might be a memory of the manga though.

Boino, the R1 version of the first DVD is coming out with eng dub on December 5. That's what the OP was referencing.

From the sample on the OP's posted link, the eng dub sounds even worse than the TV series.
sscilli

Post by sscilli »

Their coming slow, but if you've seen them than you know it's worth the wait. The best ultra gory vampire anime I've ever seen(and thats after only 2 OVA's)! I haven't read the manga, and I've never watched more than a few of the TV episodes but the OVA's kick ass.