Reviews from people that didn't like a show.

Forum for discussing AniDB rules & standards. No small talk!

Moderator: AniDB

Sergejack

Reviews from people that didn't like a show.

Post by Sergejack »

Because people making the reviews aren't paid for it, it's not fair to lock the reviewing of an anime until it has fully been aired.

Why is that, you ask?
Because money is what make profesional reviewers go through the bother of completely watching something they don't like, amateurs would just quit it after a while except if they feel like it's their proud duty.

So, since amateurs won't watch every eps of a show they don't like, and since most people watche still airing animes, it would be wise to either allow people to review anime still airing (*) or to prevent amateur to makes review and get a complete paid team of profesionals reviewers.

* With a field "Numbers of episodes watched : ", an early and wrong judgement wouldn't be a problem.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

then it's not a review! it's a preview or a tardview

anyway, check http://tracker.anidb.info/view.php?id=452 before continuing this discussion

btw, your review (and all others affected) is still in the system. it just can't be accessed before airing is over
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Wait, so their previews will still be viewable once the airing is over?
Then they would actually hold more water to be seen from the start...
Why just not straight ignore any reviews until airing is over?
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

yes, but it's not possible to add new reviews now. i was talking about reviews that were added before the change.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Oh, all is good then. :D
Sergejack

Post by Sergejack »

epoximator wrote:then it's not a review! it's a preview or a tardview

anyway, check http://tracker.anidb.info/view.php?id=452 before continuing this discussion

btw, your review (and all others affected) is still in the system. it just can't be accessed before airing is over
Fan's only point of vue is much farther meaningfull as reviews than reviews with some unfavourable point of view.

Don't call tardviewer one that can tell a piece of shit without eating it whole.

PS : I said something about writing the number of episode seen, then it's not a preview but a review of some episodes (wich, I repeat myself, is far from meaningless).

Oh btw : I saw some complain about the "vote 1" issue...
It may be a reaction of that "fan only oriented" current judging.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

claiming to know everyhthing about something without knowing it all IS retarded and narrowminded. it's your darn obligation to watch it all if you want to give a proper opinion about ANYTHING in this world. anything else is just bias.
Sergejack

Post by Sergejack »

Der Idiot wrote:claiming to know everyhthing about something without knowing it all IS retarded and narrowminded. it's your darn obligation to watch it all if you want to give a proper opinion about ANYTHING in this world. anything else is just bias.
Then tell me who watch a 24+ episodes show 'til the end when he doesn't like it?
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I do, done it many times, if I started it, I'll watch it til the end.
And you only didn't like the first x episodes you watched, you have no way of knowing whether you'd also not like the rest of the show, that's the whole point.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Sergejack wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:claiming to know everyhthing about something without knowing it all IS retarded and narrowminded. it's your darn obligation to watch it all if you want to give a proper opinion about ANYTHING in this world. anything else is just bias.
Then tell me who watch a 24+ episodes show 'til the end when he doesn't like it?
i have done that numerous times. soem turned out for the better. some others not.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

We don't pay you, so it's NOT FAIR? What the fuck. You can post previews, impressions, highlights, summaries, and what ever the hell else you want that's not a review on your own webspace, you don't need anidb for that.

Also, this is sooo the wrong place to say who-finishes-watching bad anime. I've seen all of Ippatsu Kikimusume, Legend of Duo, Platonic Chain, Iketeru Futari, Hunter x Hunter, etc etc. The only people who'd become anidb mods are suckers for punishment already.

Rar
Sergejack

Post by Sergejack »

lol.

Don't you understand it's better to have negatives reviews even from people that didn't jugde the show worthing to be watch in its entirety than neraly just possitives ones?

Or are you just trying to deny that one that saw a show in its entirety is most likely one that liked it? And you don't allow people to contradict those because... well, they didn't like it enough to watch it in its entirety.

You don't even know for sure that anybody making a review even after the show has been fully aired have seen every episodes, so you should not even consider relying on that.

Stop using you dictionnaries to set the rules of wath a review should be, use your brain to see wath's meningfull and what's not.

Obvious facts :
-Anime last way longer that movies (some even never ends yet).
-A fair review isn't a reason enough for somebody to pass 13,24,26,+ * 22 minutes watching something he doesn't like.
-The perfect review should show the global average appreciation of something.

To the one that though I was asking for reviewers to be paid : retard.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

If you start using "you dictionnaries" you might have better ground from which to call me a retard. And you might learn what a review is at the same time, though actually being competent enough to write one might take a while.

Rar
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

well, i don't agree with the perception that watching the whole anime means that you like it and thus will write a positive review. this was not done to kill negative reviews; it was done to stop users flood anidb with a bunch of more or less serious reviews. there is no way to force reviewers to watch all, but this new limitation will (hopefully) cool down eager fanboys. (so maybe less positive reviews)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

People who don't watch the entire thing can show their displeasure via the temp vote already. If an anime is < 7 temp vote I think most people know that it probably is below average. ;)