how can i do search by format ??

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

vampelle

how can i do search by format ??

Post by vampelle »

like if i want to find only ogm where do i write??

or is they any section for dual movies place???
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

there is no feature at the moment that allows search by file type, not even on the mylist exports i think.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

and there never will
dooly00000

Post by dooly00000 »

Der Idiot wrote:and there never will
Well, that's mainly because it's not very useful feature. Searching by file-format is quite a hassle, espically when some refuses to put in file-format, quality, or codec clearly. Ugh. Takes forever to edit it back to normal, too...

in any case, even if such feature is requested, coding itself would be complicated, and therefore, out of the question.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

dooly00000 wrote:
Der Idiot wrote:and there never will
Well, that's mainly because it's not very useful feature. Searching by file-format is quite a hassle, espically when some refuses to put in file-format, quality, or codec clearly. Ugh. Takes forever to edit it back to normal, too...

in any case, even if such feature is requested, coding itself would be complicated, and therefore, out of the question.
coding-wise it's pretty easy, performance-wise it will not happen, because it's a file search.
vampelle

Post by vampelle »

well i think everyone who post the file links should be ask to put the require info before posting the files...

and i belive this feature is needed, as when i want to find files on the nature which hold dual audio rather than single audio.. i can find it since no other option is given for it.

i mostly prefer to get my anime in both original and english language (when available).. with subtitle in english..

as this is every hard to find if i cant search for it..

or why not have a page link to files to all dual audio section where all the links of dual audio video be posted with the language and subtitle knowing.

but this is my opinion.. and suggestion
Gemberkoek

Post by Gemberkoek »

The problem is that there are a lot of files in the database. If someone starts to search in that, the relative pressure on the database will increase a lot. If a lot of people start to search... well, that would propably mean anidb isn't accessible anymore.