How to add groups under the anime

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

tigerstyle

How to add groups under the anime

Post by tigerstyle »

Hello I was wondering if there was a way that I could add a group under a specific anime that they have or are encoding. Or put the anime up under the group name. I don't know which one i have to do but I can't seem to figure it out. I have tryed all morning and this was my last resort hope somebody can help.

Thanks
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

to "add groups for an anime" you will have to add the files they released. the groupinfo bit is generated automatically based on that data.

http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Content:Files
tigerstyle

Post by tigerstyle »

I tryed to follow that guide but there is not a button under the action columb. I spent 15 min looking for it or so but can't seem to find something like that on any of the animes. So is it my browser or something along that lines not being able to see it or is it realy not there?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

obviously it requires registering and loggin in...
tigerstyle

Post by tigerstyle »

It was something as stupid of me as not logging in lol. But I figured it out even though I still can't put the episode up becasue it says it is too big. BTW how big can it be and still beable to be added 2GIGs and under or something becasue mine is about 2.04 gigs and it says that it can't be added.

Thank you for your help.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

the max size is 32bit signed integer. hence 31 bit are useable.
2^31= 2048MB = 2GB flat

hence your file is ,04Gb too big :P

chnage the filesize to 2.000.000.000 byte in anidb and add a filecomment about the real size.

it's a known limitation and for the moment there won'tbe any change regarding this. in the long term this will change.
tigerstyle

Post by tigerstyle »

Thanks it worked I just got one more question for you if you don't mind.

Does it take a few minutes for it to show up under the show that the group did it and under the group release section??

thanks
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

as you forgot to add the groupid when you added it to anidb the db didn't catch the group for the groupinfo box. editing it doesn't reinitialize that process. you will have to wait for the cronjob to run to fix that.

http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Routine_maintenance

Group info box status update
"Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 06:11"