mass add?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Boino

mass add?

Post by Boino »

what has happend to mass add? it says i can't mass add,and it's annoying... i got tonns of animes to add on my list because i want that... hint button thing.. and it is so annoying to add only one episode at a time.. and i can't wait till i get to yu yu hakusho.... why is it down? and can it be fixed?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Tonnes of files not already in anidb? I don't believe it. Use an anidb client to hash the files and I bet they're mostly already in. See also http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5426 for a thread you should have read before posting this.

Rar
Last edited by Rar on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lordpake

Post by lordpake »

bah, idiot faster/more correct :)
Last edited by lordpake on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

massadd is for massadding files to anidb NOT to your mylist

read:
http://wiki.anidb.info/w/How_to_add_fil ... our_mylist

also note the checkboxes when you expand the whole anime...

aside of that using an anidb client like aom or webaom is the best way to add stuff when you have the files at hand
Boino

Post by Boino »

i know...i read before i posted.. sorry... but i didn't get some of the link to the..thig..never mind..
Boino

Post by Boino »

since i already have started a topic with me messing up,i will mess up some more... i downloaded that aniDB O'matic program.. for the e2dk or how it is spelled.. now... i don't get how i can add them to the site... or i do,but in the corner it says the connection is timed out, scediual retry in 2 minutes.. and it has been re-atemting to connect for a while now but nothing works.. i have NO torrent prigram on,and i've fixed my firewall to accept the connection,i have an anidb account to,and i have added alot of files,but not to my list thing.. what am i doing wrong? because i didn't find anything usefull in the help section eather...
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Try WebAOM instead, it's less fussy about IE settings and oddness.

Rar
Boino

Post by Boino »

yes,got it,have posted alot of animes up and so on... now,for another tips then.....sorry if im realy a bug,but this one i don't think it is fixed or somthing... how about the deleted ones? i mean,i watched yu yu hakusho,and deleted them a long time ago... so i can't use that ed2k omatic anidb hash thing on deleted files... so,any quicker way then going 1 on one and saying "yes,i've deleted them and watched them"....? and while you're in the nice corner.... is there dvd release info somewhere to?
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

The fastest way is to click the + at the top of the list to open up all the episodes. After that, you need to check the boxes of the files you've watched and at the bottom you can mark them if you've watched them or not and the status of the files.
Boino

Post by Boino »

kay,thnx... somehow i did try that before but it didn't work... but now it did.. weeee..
sta1k3r

Post by sta1k3r »

well, i'll revive the topic, because i have' lot's of anime that is NOT in the anidb, i've added maybe 50 series today manually and that was a challenge - the thing is - that there are more raws that i have and that are not included in the database....how soon will mass add be available?

P.S. the brief overview of the forum didn't give me an answer to my other question - is there any way to add anime that is a DVD relise - for example i do have some anime bought on DVD's and i just don't get how to add them... i am using the last version of AoM
kidan

Post by kidan »

sta1k3r wrote:P.S. the brief overview of the forum didn't give me an answer to my other question - is there any way to add anime that is a DVD relise - for example i do have some anime bought on DVD's and i just don't get how to add them... i am using the last version of AoM
Use generic files for this: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Files:Generic_files

The same applies for the raws, if those were not distributed.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

how soon will mass add be available?
depends all on 1 lazy birdy. get a good pair of boots and start kikcing :P
Boino

Post by Boino »

well,now that i got some...many... files to add to,it would have been nice i suppose