BERSERK new episodes??

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

That's exactly what I'm thinking! The end just pissed me off so bad! I just couldn't believe it!
n4rut0

Post by n4rut0 »

berserk isnt bad... they just made fun of the manga in the anime :P but truth must be told there NO OTHER ANIME/MANGA char with a past sadlier than gutts/gatts :P
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Pfft! Oh, please! You wanna see sad characters? Go watch Gungrave, Wolf's Rain or NTHT.
BasoKazuma

Post by BasoKazuma »

DonGato wrote:/me the 2nd Berserk hatter.
You make hats for Berserk? So that's where Gatts got that weird hat ....

The characters are far from annoying. If you don't think that the overly cutesy girls in most anime are annoying, then you've got problems. The characters in Berserk are more down to Earth. It's a welcome change from your standard cliche anime characters.

Gungrave is a bit of a rip off of Berserk, set in modern day. BUT it was a good show.

Anyway, Miura plans on having the anime continue on after he completes the manga. If that happens they'll probably have to start over from the beginning. The manga is very graphic especially after the events of the anime. So they would either have to cut stuff out or release the series on DVD, so that it can remain uncut.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

BasoKazuma wrote:Gungrave is a bit of a rip off of Berserk, set in modern day.
Ok, seriously, explain to me how Gungrave and Berserk are alike.

Grave is an ex-street punk ex-mobster zombie who fights monsters who work for the mafia.

Gatts is a mercenary who follows a megalomaniac king wannabe who turns out to be a demon messiah.

HOW IS THIS SIMILAR???
BasoKazuma

Post by BasoKazuma »

Warning, if you havent watched Gungrave or Berserk, dont read this post.

[spoiler]
HIGHLIGHT IT!
Grave (Brandon) used to be Harry's best friend. Harry had dreams of making it to the top which eventually came to mean that he wanted to be the leader of a crime syndicate that had a lot of control over the world. Brandon was happy just following Harry and had no real aspirations of his own. Then you have Gatts and Griffith. They became best friends, even though Gatts was reluctant to be friends. Gatts had no dreams, no goal in life. All he could do was follow Griffith and help make his dream of being the king of Midland, come true.

They both start in the same manner. In Berserk it starts with the present time, where Apostles (monsters) are running amok, leaving the citizens in fear. Gatts comes around and slays one of these aposoles. Then soon after he kills it, the first episode ends with a small flashback to when he was a kid, which sets up the entire flashback of the rest of the show. Gungrave, starts out with us being introduced to Beyond the Grave, that girl, and the old professor dude. Their truck becomes surrounded by Orcmen (monsters), which the whole city is overrun by, and Grave comes out and kills all the Orcmen. Then by the end of the episode, it goes into a flashback. The only difference there is that Gungrave continues on to what happens after the flashback, whereas Berserk didnt have much more source material so they couldnt show what happened afterward.

They were both betrayed by their best friend. Brandon got shot in the face (eyeball) by Harry and was later revived. Gatts was Branded (a symbol given to those who are to be sacrificed) by Griffith but escaped death. They both lost one of their eyes. Harry had Maria (Brandon's secret love) killed while Griffith raped Caska (Gatt's lover). Only after everything came crashing down did these two find meaning, something to fight for and protect.

The Superiors of Gungrave are pretty much the same as the Apostles of Berserk, except for their origins. Apostles are pretty much demons that are granted these powers by their demon overlords whereas the Orcmen and Superiors were made through scientific experimentations.

[/spoiler]
There's probably more that im not thinking of.

As I said before, the main differences are the time and settings. One is in an Era ruled by the gun, the other is in an Era ruled by the sword.
Xephari

Post by Xephari »

Oh man. I love berserk. And I read everyparts of the manga and up to the recent one by [evil_genius]. BUT GOD, APOSTLES, DEMONS, whatever, the manga sucks. I'm not the type that don't like manga because the anime is better or not. After the anime, the manga progresses in a very akward direction...

SPOILER:
THE STORY WENT FROM SOLO GUTS TO RPG STYLE with super slow development!!!.

I would really love new berserk eps. However, considering how the manga is progressing, I would hate a new berserk series. I HOPE no new eps will come or if it will, it's going to be 15 years or whatever, like the previous people said. The manga is so freakin slow, slowest of all the mangas I have read.

Btw, berserk anime is one of a kind; it is awesome but if you like tenchi muyo or sissy annoying girls yapping for no apparent reasons like in the first ep of Elfen Lied, then this isn't for u. ^^
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

@BasoKazuma: Point taken.
superzombie23

Post by superzombie23 »

I did hear the maker of Beserk was planning on having new OVAs or w/e made, and I think the Manga is great. IF it was just a solo-Guts story... it would get kind of boring.
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

That rumour has been floating around for years. There has even been mention of things being in pre-production a few years ago (on an italian site I think). I'm gonna believe it when I see it.
And there's nothing bad about the ending of Berserk...
Mondaiji

Post by Mondaiji »

I just love Berserk Manga and Anime.

I have to admit that it got me shocked on the last ep of the anime. But that alone shows that the charakters got to me, wich is not something any anime can do.

A game came out and that time there was aswell talk about a new Anime i just hope someday it will come :)
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

There's actually two Berserk games, one for the Dreamcast and one for the PS2. Actually I think the 1st ep of the series happens after the last...
greiver179

Post by greiver179 »

Hey doesnt Siegfried from soul calibur/soul blade remind u of gutts?
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

No..he's blond.
n4rut0

Post by n4rut0 »

Berserk?... the manga got more stuff to show anime like but ... as we all know beserk went from a orgy of monsters with lots of killing to a lord of the ring like thing with lots of killing :P with the lack of plot in the anime industry ... with the lots of remakes we live today i'm prety sure berserk will have his next comming but it will be a whole redoing maybe ova like ( thinks of hellsing ) so... dont let ur hopes off but :P hell i may go wrong so dont believe in me.