Nosebleeds!?

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Trilandian

Nosebleeds!?

Post by Trilandian »

I am fully aware that this is by no means a new thing, but it only accured to me now to discuss it (this is an anime forum after all).
<EDITED DUE TO EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AND FLAMING POTENTIAL>
I would like to understand what's the deal with that ridiculous nosbleed thing they have going in anime, I find it completely odd and inexplicable. Can someone explain it to me?
Last edited by Trilandian on Sat May 20, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

It's culture, live with it. And try to post in a little more mature way. People might actually want to discuss with you about this.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

sjabbie wrote:It's culture, live with it
What do you mean?
sjabbie wrote:try to post in a little more mature way
In what way is my post immature? Is it cuz I used words like fuck and crap? Cuz if that's it then... well... wtf?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Get outa palestine already. Or just stop being annoying all over these boards, your choice.

Rar
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

How in the hell am I annoying?!? :? :evil:

P.S.
Don't you fuckin' dare call Israel "Palastine"! :x It's a goddamn insult!
B3nAr3S

Post by B3nAr3S »

It may not be the true reason, but it would make sense :
When you're excited (be it love or perverse thoughts), your heart beats faster, the pression increases and then you have nosebleed. :idea:
kouta

Post by kouta »

Trilandian wrote:.Don't you fuckin' dare call Israel "Palastine"! :x It's a goddamn insult!
its PALASTINE and if you dont like it get the fuck out of it,... :x

god beliss all Palestinians

palestain for EVER

plz someone lock the thread before it become a war in here and Jewish send there army to kill and murder innocent people,..like they do in a place called PALASTINE

PS: its my country and i cant let you call it israel!!
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

No, please continue behaving like idiots so we can permanently ban you please.

Characters having a nosebleed is a japanese thing, if it displeases you I suggest you don't watch anime, or at least not harem anime.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

B3nAr3S wrote:When you're excited (be it love or perverse thoughts), your heart beats faster, the pression increases and then you have nosebleed. :idea:
That's an interesting way to look at it, I'm glad someone finally gave me a decent answer. :wink:
PetriW wrote:Characters having a nosebleed is a japanese thing, if it displeases you I suggest you don't watch anime, or at least not harem anime.
Did I say it displeases me? No! And that's because it doesn't, I just found it weird is all. And, to not find it weird, I posted my fucking topic question here in the first place so someone can fuckin' explain it to me (like B3nAr3S generously did).

@kouta:
Ok dude, listen, Israel was Plaestine until 1948, at which time Israel was liberated. The Palestine you should refer to is the Palestinian Autonomy which lies in the outer regions of Israel. To say that Israel is the land of Palestinians now is a fuckin joke. It is currently the land of Jews, Israeli Arabs, the other lesser Middle-Eastern peoples like the Beduins, Russian Christians and that's it. I'm not trying to badmouth Palestinians here (despite how very common it is among my people and myself), I'm just trying to state some historical and political facts so we won't have any misunderstandings here.
waswas1717

Post by waswas1717 »

Mr. Trilandian...
"What the fuck is the deal with those ridiculous nosebleeds?!?", "Where did this stupid idea originate from? What the hell is the deal with this crap?"

Let me congratulate you for asking these intelligent questions!!. Really, I was amazed by the brilliance of your abiltiy to describe your lack of knowledge regarding a particular subject in such a clear way. No, really, that was superb. But ah, I was wrong when I thought this was your whole potential.

When (Mr.) sjabbie clearly said "try to post in a little more mature way", your answer came shocking to me. I bet that you left Mr.sjabbie speechless. Hell, I was speechless. Ah, but again, the story didn't end there.

Now, when (Mr.) Rar posted his post, his intent was not to get you out of Palestine, no, God Forbid. Its your home country after all!. But what he clearly intended is for you to "stop being annoying all over these boards". Thats what I understood "Excuse me for not rising to your IQ level". And here again, You proved me wrong. You got the secret message from the above posters and transformed "this is an anime forum after all" into a politics-realted one.

Whats the message... hmmm.. Be more mature.. Well, thats what I got, and again.. Please forgive me for being STUPID..
Last edited by waswas1717 on Sat May 20, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Ugh, I can say in complete confidence that I have never seen such a high concentration of sarcasm in a single piece of text.
So I overdid it a little, big deal, there's no need to go homicidal on me. It feels like everyone here is going against me for some reason.

P.S.
I didn't quite get your meaning concerning Rar's answer. Also, I didn't mean for this conversation to take a political turn, it just sort of did.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

Trilandian wrote:It feels like everyone here is going against me for some reason.
i can only talk for myself: because you post utter useless stuff like 'dub vs sub', 'anime vs cartoons', etc.(?) ... and now 'Nosebleeds!?'

not that you are doing anything wrong or 'illegal', not that you are the only one doing this, it's just ... annoying. this has been discussed so many times before, in 'hundreds' of different forums, and if you really were interested and searched a little you would have found all this. and your selection of words in this particular thread was a bit ... unfortunate.

hope this helps. i didn't want to offend you or anything. and just forget the israel/palestine thing. no one really cares (except the offended, of course)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Right, I should remember not to troll boards where I'm meant to be a responsible moderator... AniDB has users from around the globe (well, except Japan, where most of 'em grow outa kiddie cartoons) and despite the fact that we, our relatives, ancestors, nations might be or have been killing one another, we should be arguing about stuff that matters, like, if Bleach is better than Naruto.

Anyway, post-lock time. If someone wants to open a new thread though, about what the fuck is the deal with people in anime sneezing when they're being talked about elsewhere (man, the Japanese are weirdos, aren't they!!), please er... don't.

Rar