Update jam

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Trilandian

Update jam

Post by Trilandian »

Hey, the "my list" data in "my place" hasn't updated for days now :? . Are you doing some maintainance on it that's causing this? Is it something else, a bug maybe? Whatever the reason, do me a favor and fix it please.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Okay, seriously! Are you people on vacation or something? I don't want to sound impatient, but I've been waiting for 2 and a half days for a bit of help here, and quite frankly, I'm getting sick of it. Just tell me what's the problem already! :x

P.S.
I know you do this for free, but, come on. Don't you check the forums? I know you normally respond faster than this.
Mopster

Post by Mopster »

afaik they're in the progress of updating some part of the website
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Trilandian wrote:Okay, seriously! Are you people on vacation or something? I don't want to sound impatient, but I've been waiting for 2 and a half days for a bit of help here, and quite frankly, I'm getting sick of it. Just tell me what's the problem already!
so? why would we care?
no seriously, we have enough other things on our hands right now, just take a look at the pages long bugreport thread after the latest update. Some stats not being updated is very low priority compared to that.

BYe!
EXP

PS: your posting style might really get you on a couple of ignore lists someday btw :P
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

:( I don't usually talk like this, it's just that this whole thing got me really annoyed. Also, I didn't know you ere that busy, I honestly thought you might be taking a break or something (and I just thought that if you were you should have said something).
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Hey, you fixed it! :) Thanks a million!
I apologise for for how I acted, really. I'd hate for you to think I'm a jackass. :oops:
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

BTW, now there's also a problem with the "my list" itself. I removed some episodes from some shows, but the Eps count still looks like it's there. Will it fix itself over time?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Will people learn to search forums or read faqs?

Rar
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Well, I do remember reading something on the latter subject, I just wanted to confirm.
Antono

Post by Antono »

Rar wrote:Will people learn to search forums or read faqs?

Rar
/me re-suggests creating a faq in the forum or a link to the faq in anidb main page :roll:
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Sounds good.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Antono wrote:
Rar wrote:Will people learn to search forums or read faqs?

Rar
/me re-suggests creating a faq in the forum or a link to the faq in anidb main page :roll:
maybe we should add small help wizards which pop up every now and then and quote you an FAQ item (m$ office style)?
if we use the right pics, that might actually be kinda cute :P
(and yes, we could make the images configurable by user style sheets, so all you sickos out there can...)

BYe!
EXP
Antono

Post by Antono »

Antono wrote:/me re-suggests creating a faq in the forum or a link to the faq in anidb main page :roll:
I don't mind the sarcasm but it's not such an irrational suggestion. The forum's faq is talking only about no_downloads. At least add a "most of the bugs and support questions are answered in the Wiki, read before posting". I'm not saying it's anyone's fault for the same questions being asked over and over again, I'm just trying to see how we can minimize that.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

simple answer: you can't

tards are tards not because they don't know stuff, but because they don't want to read it. you could write it gigantic in red caps and they would still ignore it.
Antono

Post by Antono »

Understood