BERSERK new episodes??

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

semakih

BERSERK new episodes??

Post by semakih »

I heard some rumors that Berserk has new episodes is that true ??
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

No.

Rar
xfob

Post by xfob »

would be nice to have some new ones though :)
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

Berserk is a bad memory and should stay that way.
Trilandian

I couldn't agree more!

Post by Trilandian »

Amen, brother! Berserk is a steaming pile of crap that can't even amount to manure in terms of value.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

What is Berserk?

/me the 2nd Berserk hatter.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

You wanna know what's Berserk?
Ok, let me give you a short introductory summary (minus the hate).

Berserk is the story of a swordsman named guts, this show depics his life from his youth to the point at which the story is introduced (meaning the present). It's basically about his life in the merc unit called "The Band of The Hawk" and his social relationships with his comrades (especially Griffith and Casca). The story has lots of action both close quartered and open fielded and it also involves some conspiratory intrigue.

But don't let all that stuff fool you! I know that most people liked Berserk and who knows, you might like it too, but I gotta warn you:
The animation is shitty
The characters are annoying
And the ending is so "read the manga" it'll make your ears steam, your blood boil and your eyes pop clear out of their sockets.
In short - I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE!!
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Someone missed my sarcasm. :P
Antono

Post by Antono »

That bad huh??

And I had marked it "to get" in my wishlist...
The way you describe it I shouldn't even begin a test-run of watching a few eps, lest it haunts me for the rest of my life. :?
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Ok, dude, listen. As I said, many people (like, I don't know, at least 75%) really liked Berserk. I hated it, but that's just my opinion. My advice to you is to watch about 3 episodes of it: if you really love it - keep watching; if you just like it mildly or dislike it - stop!
Antono

Post by Antono »

Fair enough! :)
mrsatan

Post by mrsatan »

Its old as hell, but if you can get past that, it has some style and panache that is exciting. There really is no anime at all like it out there. I personally recommend it. :twisted:
Andemon

Post by Andemon »

As for new episodes - no, there won't be any for a long time. The mangaka feels that there's not enough to make into anime yet, and said that he wants to finish the manga first before it's made into anime. Considering his pace, that's bound to happen in... hmm... about 15 years.
ohtoriakio

Post by ohtoriakio »

mrsatan wrote:Its old as hell, but if you can get past that, it has some style and panache that is exciting. There really is no anime at all like it out there. I personally recommend it. :twisted:
What about Rose of Versailles? I see Berserk as being just like Rose of Versailles except it's aimed at boys... Here's my review for it if you're interested:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... id=98#3440

And my review for Rose of Versailles:

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... d=181#3342
sscilli

Post by sscilli »

I enjoyed Berserk, up untill the end!! It has the potential to be so great and than it just ends with no real explanation(or closure) of the crazyness that just took place. I would recomend it if your willing to read the manga. I hope that at some point in the future they will make new eps, or remake it entirely. But don't count on it.