Wolf's Rain is animated in Russian!

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Trilandian

Wolf's Rain is animated in Russian!

Post by Trilandian »

Hey, I woulda posted this a LOT sooner but I couldn't find the forum.

TO elaborate on the subject - everything in the Wolf's Rain series is written in Russian! Those of you who (like myself) were born in or live in the territory of the former Soviet Union probably already noticed this, if you didn't - watch it again and see.
I just don't understand this, it's a Japanese animation, why is everything written in Russian? Anybody got any ideas?
Sorata

Post by Sorata »

Though I do not know it myself I would say, that Wolf's Rain plays in that area. If the story plays in Russia it no wonder that u will find landmarks or writings that belong to that area.

Not each anime has to play in Japan itself.

For example "Monster" is played in Germany and therefor you see everything written in German (like an article of a newspaper).
Trilandian

Hold on one minute...

Post by Trilandian »

I realise how this would make sense, but (SPOILERS AHEAD - don't read any further unless you saw the whole thing!) if I understand the story correctly, the world that we know did not exist until the rebirth at the end of the show, Russia would not have existed yet!
Antofelio

Post by Antofelio »

надписи и в правду на русском
довольно необычно для аниме
интересно, почему именно на русском ?
Русский пожалуй самый последний язык который я ожыдал увидить в японском мультфильме

Understend ????? ;)
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

That's exactly what I was thinking! I even checked the languages in the media file to see if there was Russian optional. I wonder if it has some sort of hidden meaning...