Downvoting!!

everything else :P

Moderator: AniDB

juggen

Downvoting!!

Post by juggen »

I was wondering if you could do something about all the downvoting that's been going on lately? Probably by other fansubbers, and fans for those!!

heres some examples:
Noein - http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... rch=search
Ergo Proxy - http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=3302
Rec - http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=3656

Rec has gotten better though, but as you can see, the votes are falling below 7 almost reaching 6, and most of 'em definitely deserves 8+.
Shinsen-subs are often involved, don't know if they are involved with the downvoting too, but someone is definitely downvoting them!
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

There are really people that care about those numbers ? Image

Well, as a mod just made a post on the mainpage regarding spam voting, I guess stuff like that will be taken care of as well (sooner or later).

CU,
lamer_de
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

Down and Upvoting is an issue that u can't easily stop.

And all animes u point to, where only tmp. ratings which should be made when u watched only a part of it. Permament votes are more important.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

AnimeOtaku wrote:Down and Upvoting is an issue that u can't easily stop.
Really?
I always thought it was easy to fix. Remove all voting options or leave them for private use (not visible to other users).
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

DonGato wrote:
AnimeOtaku wrote:Down and Upvoting is an issue that u can't easily stop.
Really?
I always thought it was easy to fix. Remove all voting options or leave them for private use (not visible to other users).
hmm, i like that one about private use.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yes, that's a nice option and maybe keeping the way to see the votes of other users (only when the user is known like when you navigate user votes from anime hint)
Trilandian

What?

Post by Trilandian »

Hold on a tick, I don't understand the problem. Is the complaint here about the fact that certain animes are getting mediocre votes when they should be getting really high votes? Cause if that's it, then it's really stupid! It's a matter of taste! And anyways, I really can't grasp how there isn't any anime that doesn't get no 10s, how is it that every anime is considered to be a masterpiece by someone?!?
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Re: What?

Post by Der Idiot »

Trilandian wrote:It's a matter of taste!
And anyways, I really can't grasp how there isn't any anime that doesn't get no 10s, how is it that every anime is considered to be a masterpiece by someone?!?

you realize how much you contradict yourself don't you? :P

anyway this is random rant about "OMG!1!!! <anime x> must be 1011!111!!11!!!" number 5mio and 10. sorry i will just ignore it
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

He's talking about anime group votes, not anime votes...
(DerIdiot is sexcused for not understanding that)

Anyway, it's true that many users now vote a 10 for their favourite group and a 1 for all the others, those users are so called 'group fanboys' . However, if a spamvoting has occured, then it was made in some extremely clever guerilla tactics way that us mods can't detect, which is highly unlikely.

Just now, since I'm at work and bored, I did a check and found some more spamvoters, in fact, I found the guy/gal who spamvoted 1's for Shinsen's Noein, and also for Nyanko's version but 10's for Nanashi's version (including AnimeYuki & Nanashi) so you can say that user's a Nanashi fanboy or a member of it. He/she last used his account in december 2005, so it's probably pointless to ban that user.
Now, what else... mmh... oooh.. niceness, 580 votes \O/ I love wiping big numbers, means there was a lot of time and work put into them, 383 votes are cast on 1 account, which are legitimate, as in not 10's or 1's, well those are now all gone as well and a nice big fat ban as a bonus!

Some C1Anime fanboy/member, didn't spamvote much, but still a ban, otherwise ppl might think that DerIdiot's angry newspost was just for show.
I guess that's it for today, I just hope they don't think it's all a joke cause I banned them on April the 1st.
Trilandian

Actually...

Post by Trilandian »

Erm... I hate to say this, but I really was refferring to the animes, not the groups.

And as for Der Idiot's reply, I wasn't contradicting myself.

The first part about "it's a matter of taste" refferred to the fact that if you you see someone give a low score to an anime you think is great, it doesn't mean he's necessarily doing that just to be a jackass.

The second part about the 10s reffers to the fact that I simply cannot grasp the sheer ease with which people just give away "Masterpiece" scores to every random anime.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

So you're saying you knew that this entire topic was only aimed at anime group votes and NOT at anime votes, but you STILL wanted to talk about anime votes saying how it's a matter of taste? :P

I really do hope that you got confused by AnimeOtaku's post who misunderstood juggen's post, otherwise... you're weird. :D
Trilandian

That's not it!

Post by Trilandian »

You misunderstand! I thought that this topic tree dealt with animes right from the very start! I had no idea it was about groups!
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

nwa wrote:(DerIdiot is sexcused for not understanding that)
After all he is just an Idiot.
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

Don't you find it strange that rar hasn't trolled this thread yet. Seems like he's getting old :lol:

CU,
lamer_de
WTX

Post by WTX »

Hmmmm.....the group ratings have imao never been useful. Thats why i take a peak on "anime news networks" fansub comparrison.

The reason is that most of us users can't really say much of the quality of the langugage translation. All we can tell, is if the video and sound quality is good or not. And the time they use to submit an episode. But, this is also a thing that "anime news network" do better by actually showing images from the different fansub groups. So...why not remove the group rating completely? Or follow anime news networks example?