AniDB O'matic 0.5.6.241

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

reveuse

AniDB O'matic 0.5.6.241

Post by reveuse »

I'm having some trouble with this prgram, on some of my anime that i upload into the program they are turning up as a file uknown and i cant load it to the site, yet i can watch them just fine. I'm not sure what is going on. It's never an entire series just a few from a series here and there.

Any suggestions?
suppy

Post by suppy »

this is most likely because of one of these two things:

1. your files are corrupt. that they are corrupt does not necessarily mean they are unwatchable - it might just be an insignificant bit that has been flipped somewhere. you should try to verify the CRC. most files come with a CRC in their filename, or in an sfv. or the group that released the file will list it on their website or in their IRC channel or forum. if it is an older release, you might need to check envirosphere or baka-updates.
--- if your file is corrupt, you should try to get it directly from the group instead of your corrupt sources. (if you don't know how to do that, ask elsewhere or google, this forum does not provide help with downloading).

2. you got the file before it was added to anidb. if this is the case, then usually it will be added by an industrious user soon enough, or you can add it yourself. here are instructions on how to add a file to anidb: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Content:Files
reveuse

Post by reveuse »

thx much, ill try that once everything is done uploading, im still not done >.<
worf

Post by worf »

and in case your files are corrupt you should try fixing them by either downloading them again or patching them.