Suspected bad ed2k hash

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

belgabor

Suspected bad ed2k hash

Post by belgabor »

Hi,

I want to ask how to proceed if you suspect that the original ed2k hash of a file is bad (ie the submitter had a bad file). I'm currently transferring my collection from cdr to dvd and in the process adding it to mylist. While doing Angelic Layer I came across fid 18873 which I think might have a bad hash.
It has 47 users but no CRC is in AniDB. Unfortunately I can't see how many users added is with a failed CRC...
Currently I just want to know if there is an established way to handle such cases (eg. a serial message to all people who have it), as I don't know which file is bad...

Cheers
belgabor

Post by belgabor »

Same goes for Trouble Chocolate. There are even some eps(eg 13, 14, 15) where people have added the same file twice with different hashes...
suppy

Post by suppy »

if there is no official CRC or other hash listed, you cannot be certain whether it is your file or their file that is correct, so in this case, I would add the "correct" file (meaning the one that is already in the db) to my mylist with the mylist-type-flag set to "corrupted version/invalid crc"
belgabor

Post by belgabor »

That's what I did :)
I just think it's a bit dissatisfying to have wrong hashes in the database (independent of whether this is the case with these files...). Maybe an admin could send something like a system message to ask everybody who has it for their hash and thereby cast a majority vote (backed up by the database)...