Notify History-list becomes too large. [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Gambit
AniDB Staff

Notify History-list becomes too large. [DONE]

Post by Gambit »

Since I get a lot of notifies every time I check aniDB, I rather use the History-option to overview my notifies because the popup disappears when I have clicked only once (and I cannot add all files from the notifies to my emule in just one day :P ).
So I read back my notifies-history to see which files are notified to me and add them to my emule. The drawback is that, when I add them to my MyList, they don`t disappear from the Notify History. I do not particularly care about the history of the notifies I have had if I already have all those files already. What I do care about is the files I haven`t had added to my MyList.

Is it possible to remove the files I already have added to the MyList from the Notify-History list? Or am I forgetting about some other option which should ease this method?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

does up2date work for this?

BYe!
EXP
Elias

Post by Elias »

It could be, but up2date has only 3 days limit - its little too short for that use, especially compared with 30 days in notifies history. I would also like to have possibility to selective removing entries from notifies history.
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Like Elias says, Up2Date only covers a small span which might be sufficient for some, but not for people who check only (i.e.) once a day and have about 50 titles on notify or so ;)
Currently, I haven`t downloaded any anime in about 2 months or so (due to moving). So I visit my Notify History and (due to limited diskspace) I can only download several titles / eps currently.
I would like to request an option to remove the ones I have already added to MyList at least. That could be done automatically, I suppose, but if that doesn`t work, I don`t mind to do it manually either. Manually removing would also be useful because I also have notifies for 'all' or 'new' when I still haven`t decided on a group for a series. So I see which groups push out eps (and at which speed I see them coming by) and can decide after that. But that doesn`t mean they have to be listed there forever (it only clutters the list after it has served its purpose).

I also feel quite limited due to the max. 100 entries in there too, but I suppose that limit has been set in order to limit the CPU/traffic.
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

The mylist file-icon and a delete option for lines would be nice

automatic deletion on adding to mylist would even be better if it's also possible to delete history lines manualy

hmmm wasn't this discussed when the history went live?
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

/me bumps this to bug EXP (because he told me to bug him more often :P ) to give this at least a todo/denied/done status :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

*done*

BYe!
EXP