Ghost in the Shell

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

BelGarion

Ghost in the Shell

Post by BelGarion »

Trying to figure this out, was about to start doing that before AniDB went down. :P In what order is Ghost in the Shell movies and tv series in? I have heard of GitS SAC 1rst and 2nd , GitS , GitS Innocence, and seem to remember another tv series but I can't be sure. Not until AniDB comes up again, that is. :( I know there is a GitS SAC movie but if I remember what I read on AniDB it was comprised of scenes out of the TV series so it's like why bother, ya know? Thanx!

BelGarion
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

GitS
GitS: INNOCENCE

GitS: SAC
GitS: 2nd GiG

First movie is "unrelated" to the series as it's a "parallel world".
Second movie is related with first Movie but maybe is better to watch it after finishing first TV season.

GitS: SAC movie or whatever is called is on production and will have new footage for the series but would be mostly a recompilation.
Last edited by DonGato on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BelGarion

Post by BelGarion »

Ok... Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, but what does "GiG" mean? Or is that GiG as in show? Thanx!

BelGarion
DonGato wrote:GitS
GitS: INNOCENCE

GitS: SAC
GitS: 2nd GiG

First movie is "unrelated" to the series as it's a "parallel world".
Second movie is related with first Movie but maybe is better to watch it after finishing first TV season.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Really don't know. :P

gig [gɪg]
n. coach, carriage; small boat; job; musical engagement (Slang)
v. ride in a one-horse carriage; catch an animal with a gig; give a demerit; play a musical engagement.

More like the second play... :/
BasoKazuma

Post by BasoKazuma »

"Gig" is sort of a slang word for a "job".

So it's their 2nd "Job".

"Gig" is a term that is more often used by musicians when referring to the places that they are gonna perform at. You don't really hear the word used by many other types of people.
BelGarion

Post by BelGarion »

<hmms> Ok... I am guessing someone doesn't know what they are talking about. See someone talking about "Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Tachikoma Specials" ... Is this another name for one of the existing series or is the dude talking out of his behind? 26 episodes... Well, both 1rst and 2nd gig have 26 episodes, so I ain't gonna find out that way. <hmms> Anyone know? Thanx!

BelGarion
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

There were special Tachikoma eps made. 26 eps for both series IIRC.
BelGarion

Post by BelGarion »

Completely different or just added a scene or two to each episode?

BelGarion
sjabbie wrote:There were special Tachikoma eps made. 26 eps for both series IIRC.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

They aren't part of the GitS series. They're just one minute specials about the Tachikoma. They are released on the DVD's from the S.A.C. series.
BelGarion

Post by BelGarion »

26 one min episodes? Why not make a single 26 min special episode?

BelGarion
sjabbie wrote:They aren't part of the GitS series. They're just one minute specials about the Tachikoma. They are released on the DVD's from the S.A.C. series.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Tardlock.

Rar