Mini-icon for video codec [DONE]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Le Eliminateur

Mini-icon for video codec [DONE]

Post by Le Eliminateur »

with the advent of h264 some groups release divx and h264, and then you also have v2/v3 of any of those two versions, it's extremely annoying to have to open the file detail to check what codec does that file use(using the comment isn't the most appropiate of the options, even less when mass adding files as you have to add comment one per file).
Even without h264 there are a lot of codecs options and the above also happens for these files

i'm talking about a mini-icon(the size of the add file or ed2k download icon) that indicates the video codec used
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Way ahead of you on this one... PetriW was/is supposed to make an extra codec column, I wonder how far he is with that...
Le Eliminateur

Post by Le Eliminateur »

i remember i added this freq in the tracker, but couldn't access it so i'm opening it now that i remembered it, hehe

btw, nice avatar

let's go bug petri
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

if codec is implemented then the number of channel sound has should definitely be as well as its has an obvious impact compared to codec wich mainly depend on the encoder aniway. it would be great to know when a release is 5.1 instead of 2.0 for example.
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

Raptor wrote:if codec is implemented then the number of channel sound has should definitely be as well as its has an obvious impact compared to codec wich mainly depend on the encoder aniway. it would be great to know when a release is 5.1 instead of 2.0 for example.
I wonder if it's possible to hmix in multiple streams with different codecs. If it's possible this audio thing could become a space-eater in the anime page.

I'm for a vcodec icon anyway, since most people don't add a comment (what was the current workaround afair)
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

you are tlaking about a diferent thing here.
the first just involves interface changes for the available data. the other requires new fields.

channels is in the long run on the list included with the new language system, but that ain't happening anytime soon
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

thanks happy to know it may happen one day becasue it can get tiresome to find a 5.1 version of a movie if nobody thought it was important in the comment field