Due to these circumstances ... *cough*

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Andariel

Due to these circumstances ... *cough*

Post by Andariel »

How do I export my list out of the DB to my local harddisk? Yes, I learned my lesson: Allways make a backup of your precious data. :roll:

cu
Andy
ricce

Post by ricce »

When the db is up again you can export it from mylist page - look for a link named "mylist exports" (or somthing like that)
rikis

Post by rikis »

http://www.anidb.net/wiki/index.php?title=IRC:Chii
Try this. I haven't tried though.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

well you definitely can't export your mylist with Chii, what ricce said is the only way, or using AOM iirc
Taags

Post by Taags »

so how do you actually download the list?
i have done everything and got the list ready to be downloaded.
But there is nothing to press or anything to download it...where on the site do you do it?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

[left] mylist -> [right] mylist export

You will receive a notification when the list is processed.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Taags wrote:so how do you actually download the list?
i have done everything and got the list ready to be downloaded.
But there is nothing to press or anything to download it...where on the site do you do it?
if you requested your mylist export on the day anidb came back up you will need to request it again.
so if there is no download link on the mylist export page and in the pm you got, re-request your export.

BYe!
EXP
Taags

Post by Taags »

ok now it works..thanks.
Taags

Post by Taags »

more problems: now i have downloaded the file. But its some strange tgz file or something like that.
What kind of program do i need to see the "mylist" file that i have downloaded??
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

Can't open a lousy archive file?
You don't have winrar?
You don't know the url of www.google.com ?

tsk tsk :P
egg

Post by egg »

Any decent compression program should be able to handle it. If you don't know any, 7-Zip is free, open source, and does the job (there are plenty of others too).

[Edit: nwa beat me to it. winrar is shareware, I prefer freeware when available.]
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

If you don't mind the small popup winrar is almost freeware too, just lacks some features most people don't use.
Taags

Post by Taags »

ofcoures i have used winrar for god sake..but the file inside...what kinda of freak program do i need for it. I don´t have any program that can open that file
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

Winrar can open tgz-files; those are also archives (usually used with linux-systems). So if you have winrar, you can open the tgz-archive.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

freak program?
you're still talking about tgz or about html inside it?

tgz is an archive format for god sake, it's called tar file format, initially created in unix for use in unix, became a POSIX standard in 1998 and later in 2001 and is considered an archiver that compresses really well (the compression is actually done by gzip or bzip2, but a tgz file is actually a tar.gz file, where tar archives and gzip compresses). If your winrar can't open it then you have an ancient version of it, if you can't open it by double clicking on it, have you tried to open it from winrar?

There are already 3 persons who have told you what you need to open the file and you're still asking the same question...
Last edited by nwa on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.