AniDB DOWN - NOW UP AGAIN!

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

AniDB DOWN - NOW UP AGAIN!

Post by Der Idiot »

Yes anidb is basically down atm. the server is trying to catch it's own tail and is running in cycles while doing so.
point is it's down for the time being. don't cry. and don't hammer the server further. we will try to get it back up as fast as possible.

sorry for the inconvenience

UPDATE:
as you can read below exp is not able to login and kill the process himself. this means we have to wait for our serveradmin to reboot. the whole problem is it's damn hard to reach him. because of that anidb is down indefnitely. might be back in the next 5min. might take a while...

UPDATE #2:
Depending on how the situation evolves we might be in need of a new host. But this is not clear yet. Nevertheless we'd like to gather some feedback to see what our options would be. If you can provide hosting please read this: http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4551

UPDATE #3:
ANIDB WILL BE BACK UP IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!
We found a new hosting that fits our needs. further details will follow once anidb is back up.
Last edited by Der Idiot on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

/me stops hammering it now.. dammit, just when I thought of accessing it from work to do some modding... and I already thought that had blacklisted the site.. they're watching my every move.. gotta be careful...
oh well, back to downloading those NeoGeo roms
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

damn,

I can't login via ssh atm.
so we'll probably have to wait for gmni to reset the server x_X
Sorry guys, but this can take SOME time :(

BYe!
EXP
Klibbnisse

Post by Klibbnisse »

Ok, so thats why... hmm, you should get another serveradmin ;)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Klibbnisse wrote:Ok, so thats why... hmm, you should get another serveradmin ;)
You mean someone else will give use free unlimited hosting on a good box they provide? For several years?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

And complete control over it (well he can't let us hard-reboot the server... not that he can from where exp is). :roll:
That's more like housing. :P
kevn57

Thanks

Post by kevn57 »

Thanks for the info and the hard work. Please hurry back we miss the site!! 8O
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

PetriW wrote:
Klibbnisse wrote:Ok, so thats why... hmm, you should get another serveradmin ;)
You mean someone else will give use free unlimited hosting on a good box they provide? For several years?
If someone would, just drop me a pm. Can never hurt to have a fallback alternative :o)
*edit* see also: http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4551

BYe!
EXP
Last edited by exp on Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirex

Scarrred

Post by Sirex »

Whew, I am glad I got on the forum and found out what is going on. I was panicked for a minute there. Once it comes back up I bet there will be a large queue waiting to export their lists :-P I don't even want to think about the time I have spent updating my "mylist" I would lose if anidb went "poof". Keep up the good work. :D
WillTRiker

Post by WillTRiker »

Still, one should learn from this and establish some kind of setup where the owner can be reached easier in these kind of situations. Perhaps the owner has someone else in his surroudings that he can give or already has access to the box Anidb is hosted on. God, how I miss the site.

/prays for quick reboot
Klutz

Post by Klutz »

Funny how addicted one can get to a website, taking it's presence for granted. Stuff like this is bound to happen at some point...just remember guys how much your site and work is appreciated by thousands. :)
hhaamu

Re: Scarrred

Post by hhaamu »

Sirex wrote:Once it comes back up I bet there will be a large queue waiting to export their lists :-P
The irony in my case is that I queued an export before it went down, and didn't have a chance to download it (or see whether it got finished). :roll:
e-Viper

Re: Scarrred

Post by e-Viper »

hhaamu wrote:The irony in my case is that I queued an export before it went down, and didn't have a chance to download it (or see whether it got finished). :roll:
So it your fault :twisted:
siapao

Post by siapao »

Just checking but going on this thread the site is still down? If so can you please comment as to whether the following url is related to you guys by any chance? http://www.animedb.net/

I realize the url is different but thought I'd just check.

Oh and of course I hope you guys are successful in getting the site up and running soon. I freaked out when I couldn't access it...... :P

Keep up the awesome work!!
Last edited by siapao on Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

siapao wrote:Just checking but going on this thread the site is still down? If so can you please comment as to whether the following url is related to you guys by any chance? http://www.animedb.net/
nope not affiliated with us. nor do we own it. just someone who abuses our name :roll: