AOM 0.5.4 released!

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

shaman

Post by shaman »

When will we have a new version released which will fully support new specials when renaming files?
I mean not S0001, S1001, S2001 but O1, S1, C1, C2 etc.
I think it's probably not that difficult to implement and maybe there should be a patch or smth and u should not wait for next version 'cause.. well those long S0001 are really annoying and i think i'm not the only one who finds them that way.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Next version, due... when petri becomes a good boy.

Rar
shaman

Post by shaman »

Argh.... Well those long specials are really really really annoyng and well i'm not asking for a whole new version.. a new build with this fixed would be enough for me ;)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Well, if there's no new version... then you can't have any changes at all. Unless you mean like the current version, which is pretending it's still the previous one. I mean sure, we *could* stay on 0.5.5.239 for ever...

Rar
shaman

Post by shaman »

Well i don't think that the .239 part is worth the name "version".. even "subversion". It's a build. Ver very very minor change and i think it's not worth waiting 'till some other changes gather up to release a new build ('cause that might happen the year after the next year ;) ) and simply do it now... You might ask why am i writing this? Well i want to write some anime to CD's, but before doing that i want to rename them correctly and i'm too lazy/don't have that much spare time to do it manually and i'm fed up waiting for that new release (and checking every day if that has finally happened).

Btw latest version officially is 0.5.5.240, it's only that petri forgot to fix the window header ;)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

as a workaround you could use WebAOM to do the renaming for now.

BYe!
EXP
shaman

Post by shaman »

M... Are you sure that it does not have the same problem? I tried it but ahh well i didn't have much time to delve trough it and it's settings but with default settings it also renamed files in S0001 manner...
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

'Use AniDB default' will give u things like 'S9001', but 'Use Rules' work fine (well u have to define a schema before u can use it). the problem is in the server code. i'll will fix that.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Oh..... Well thanks then. I think I'll use WebAOM for the time being... (Sorry i had no time to dig that deep to know that ;) )