Why does my username/password work here and not in the forum

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

keithmorg

Why does my username/password work here and not in the forum

Post by keithmorg »

Cut an paste even does not work. Invalid username.....login failed
No real place to correct this. Email from forums@anidb.net returns as undeliverable.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

You're aware that you're logged in now, right?
keithmorg

Post by keithmorg »

Please see title of original post. Of course I know I am logged in here. I have since tried to log in to AniDB.net with subsequent failure. Frustration with this is rising and I am apt to discontinue attempting and writing this off as a poor choice of websites.
pelican
AniDB Staff

Post by pelican »

The subject says "Why does my username/password work here and not in the forum"; this is the forum, so you contradict yourself in that question, and again in your post. Is it meant to be some kind of koan?

Assuming that it is not, I will take a guess and assume that what you _meant_ is that you can log in at the forum, but not the database. The most common cause of this is trying to use your forum account details to log in, which are not shared with the main database. (They are, in fact, on separate servers.)

I'm quite sure that this is documented somewhere prominent... but perhaps no longer as the anidb help link now directs the user to the wiki.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

main website, forum, tracker, wiki, ... they all use their own user databases.
so you will have to signup individually for each of them to use them.

BYe!
EXP
keithmorg

Post by keithmorg »

Main page login, not the "help" login. When I first go to the website the login/password fields do not accept my input. Try going to www.anidb.net and see where it asks for your login/password. IT DOES NOT WORK THERE. Geez.

I am ending my affiliation with this LAME site. Post all you want on this topic but I will not see them.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Quite frankly I think exp should be ashamed of himself. Because of his personal ineptitude when it comes to designing websites simple enough that even a brazilian could use, we have lost a valuable user. One that could, over time, have contributed much to the site, and indeed, perhaps, one day, would have become his lover. On second thought, maybe some idiot who can't tell the difference between the forum and the db, or click an obvious 'signup' button, is no great loss.

Rar
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

omg,
I'm always surpised how stupid some people can be....

Username/password of anidb forum is NOT same as
Username/password of anidb.net/anidb.info/anidb main site
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

Good thing he's ending his affiliation with this LAME site :roll:

We can't use more morons screwing it up :twisted: