Some question about anidb.net

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

lintravis

Some question about anidb.net

Post by lintravis »

Hi:
I'm new here and I love Animes.

I got a few questions I hope I can get them answered here. :?:

1. How is www.anidb.net and anidb.info related?

2. I see alot place say Add files to AniDB, does it mean uploading the actual file to the server or it means upload the name of the file to the server for organizing my anime collection?

3. I see there are several ways to upload, for a new-comer to the site, which way do you suggest I try first?

Thats all I can think of right now. :P

thanks
travis
egg

Post by egg »

anidb.info the main site.
anidb.net hosts the supporting sites, the forum, wiki and tracker. If you just go to www.anidb.net it redirects you to anidb.info.

Adding files is actually adding the file information, basically it is the hashes that identify that file. See this for more information about files.

I am not sure what you mean by upload in this case, but if you want to add your files to your mylist, then either the ed2kdump or AOM are the best ways to go.
lintravis

Question about adding "corrupted files" to mylist

Post by lintravis »

Thanks for the info.

I run into the problem where my files does not reconize by Anidb and is "corrupted files", since I like to change the file name after I donwload it.

I'm using AOM 0.5

I found some info: (http://www.anidb.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... ove:_Files) about adding "corrupted files" to my list, however I don't quite understand the step on that part. Can someone give a clear instruction on how to do that?

I have alot of "corrupted files" :(, whats the easiest way to add them to my list or is there anyway to change the file so Anidb can reconize them?

thanks
windmage

Post by windmage »

Changing the filename does not result in corrupted files.

Edited: Please don't discuss methods of obtaining files on these forums. -- PetriW
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

IMHO this post is getting very close to foul territory...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Indeed, censoring a little. Please read:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2255

Hint, just don't discuss downloading in any way please.

And lintravis, AniDB does not store files. There is no file to upload, download, transfer or otherwise obtain or supply files via AniDB. Any discussion about Uploading or Downloading will be edited or completely removed.
AniDB is a way to keep track of your anime collection, not obtain/supply anime.
egg

Re: Question about adding "corrupted files" to myl

Post by egg »

lintravis wrote:I run into the problem where my files does not reconize by Anidb and is "corrupted files", since I like to change the file name after I donwload it.

I have alot of "corrupted files" :(, whats the easiest way to add them to my list or is there anyway to change the file so Anidb can reconize them?
As it was already stated, renaming does not corrupt files, if you have done nothing to the files, then either your source is bad or your HD has problems.

As far as how to put them in your mylist, there are too options, on is to manually find the file for the group you have and add it, then you can set the file type to corrupted. Otherwise you can just have AOM hash and add to your mylist whatever you can, then use generic files files to fill in the gaps...
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

you could also just patch the file by someone who has the correct one ;)
lintravis

Post by lintravis »

sorry about the downloading stuff, and thanks for the info.

I will play with the files and program.