1+x Episodes as specials?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

1+x Episodes as specials?

Post by Skywalka »

I am a bit irritated. Mini Goddesses has been re-organized - all the multiple ep files have been added es "O"s (Other).

Now does that mean that this needs to be done with every anime?

If yes - do it for mahou shoujoutai. And all the other anime out there :-)

Maybe start a "multiple ep-files - moves them all the "other"" thread on the DB-change forum.
worf

Re: 1+x Episodes as specials?

Post by worf »

Skywalka wrote:I am a bit irritated. Mini Goddesses has been re-organized - all the multiple ep files have been added es "O"s (Other).

Now does that mean that this needs to be done with every anime?
(from the news)
- Other Episode (Multi and Split-ep Files (movies and 1ep ovas with multiple parts listed under regular eps are excluded of this), Supportfiles (AC3 modpacks, fontpacks, subtitles for more than 1 ep) and other things.)
Skywalka wrote:If yes - do it for mahou shoujoutai. And all the other anime out there :-)
There might be something wrong with my eyes but i dont see and multi-eps files for http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=1607
Elias

Re: 1+x Episodes as specials?

Post by Elias »

worf wrote: There might be something wrong with my eyes but i dont see and multi-eps files for http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=1607
Check file comments.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

Look at the description from the top files :D. Episode 1 from Mahou Shoujotai Alice
worf

Post by worf »

oh ... ok -.- idiots -.-
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

*bird in a certain Naturd0 episode flying by*

Ahou... ahou...

*snicker*

If somebody mentions multifile eps for an Anime you should really look a bit into it.

And I have to add that I kind of find it idiotic to sort the O specials by number of eps in the files because there is one single file with three eps between the two ep files and the four ep files - there are no additonal files. If there should ever be more files with three episodes all the four episode files would have to be moved again so it would've been really really (really) smart to already add the rest of the missing three ep-file entries (with generic files) so if there actually were people who saw it three eps in a row they could already use it.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that there should be really specific rules about this or otherwise we'll keep on renaming and numbering all the files we have ad infinitum. I know I know, you can tell which file is which by the ed2k hash but I don't have a column in my explorer telling me that and I have all that stuff on DVD-R now and I would really love to have a final numbering after three years. k thx.
Elias

Post by Elias »

Maybe like this:

OXXYY, where XX - number of first episode in file and YY-number of last episode in file (left filled with zeros)

For example in AA! Megami-sama: Chichaitte Koto wa Benri da ne
it would be than:
O0103 (or O103) - Episode 1-3
O0104 - Episode 1-4
O0108 - Episode 1-8
O0406 - Episode 4-6
O0508 - Episode 5-8
O0709 - Episode 7-9
O0912 - Episode 9-12
O1012 - Episode 10-12

or in different way:

ONXX, where N - number of episodes in file, XX - first episode in file:

O301 - Episode 1-3
O304 - Episode 4-6
O307 - Episode 7-9
O310 - Episode 10-12
O401 - Episode 1-4
O405 - Episode 5-8
O409 - Episode 9-12
O801 - Episode 1-8
Last edited by Elias on Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Having numbers over 1000 is bad, it's very likely to clash with something. (Like before the change specials were episode 1000-1999, no idea why he does it like that but might be some index.)

Your system also doesn't work for animes with 100+ episodes.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

indeed.

you'd have to add more digits

:-P
Amour

Post by Amour »

Or just separate fields: why trying to merge all the data in one?
egg

Post by egg »

Is this a change to a new way of handling multi-ep files??? The standard seemed to be to put the file in the first ep where it would have been, with a comment, and then use generics to fill in the missing eps... I would have to do some searching to find the places where this applies, but I know that is how it is in Naruto and PoT...

The difficulty was with multiple files per episode, these were generally put into the specials... The reasons for this is so that when they were renamed, they would retain the correct order...
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

/me still prefers 'in line' multi ep files for long series.

Rar