pending CR Handling [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

dinoex

pending CR Handling [DENIED]

Post by dinoex »

When someones makes a CR to one of my files,
and it is not approved within a given time, eg 1 day,
I would like to get a notify and a button to grant this CR.

This could reduce the workload on the admins.

I ofen can't update an entry for some days,
till the CR is approved.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Re: pending CR Handling

Post by PetriW »

dinoex wrote:and it is not approved within a given time, eg 1 day,
I would like to get a notify and a button to grant this CR.
VERY BAD SOLUTION.
The entry will be handled, it's just summer atm so it takes longer.

The change requests are not autogranted in this manner simply because there are too many invalid creqs.
dinoex

Post by dinoex »

Please read again,
while a CR is pending even the owner cant update his entry.

He could verify that the changes are corrrect
and approve them.

I found countless typing errors in the entry.
where a quick check with the owner could solved this.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Just fyi, I think it's a bad idea that the owner of an item can edit the item after a creq has been granted on it.

Yes, I can see how it would be a nice feature but it could also turn into a menace for users who add a lot of stuff when suddenly others start asking them to grant changes in the perceived absense of moderators. I took care of most of the recent creqs and like, if the list grows to big just poke me.

Just because someone added something that doesn't mean they're competent enough to handle edit requests. Something we notice from time to time. Most creqs make sense but some stuff is simply mindboggling.
Amour

Post by Amour »

There are good owners and bad owners.
If somebody is good enough to trust to handle creqs of its owned files, then why not postulate to be a moderator directly?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Currently creqs are handled in a timely manner though so I don't think there's a need.
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

PetriW wrote:Currently creqs are handled in a timely manner
*cough*

Until about a week ago, I had about 50 creqs open and untouched. I still have 5 creqs open, of which the oldest is 4 weeks old, and the newest "only" 3 weeks.

I'm strongly starting to suspect you mods have it sorted by date descending, giving a sort of LIFO granting process =/
Amour

Post by Amour »

LIFO granting process
Exactly. :)
I had 400 creqs pending, and I've seen them being granted with the newest first.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

hhaamu wrote:Until about a week ago, I had about 50 creqs open and untouched. I still have 5 creqs open, of which the oldest is 4 weeks old, and the newest "only" 3 weeks.
Now let me see here, one is still being discussed due to uncertainty.
The others have been opened by others, no idea why they haven't done them but I let them be for a while so they can get back to them

There are currently 0, zip, nada, zilch aka no "new" creqs. Lately most creqs have been granted within 24 hours. As they most often are.
hhaamu wrote:I'm strongly starting to suspect you mods have it sorted by date descending, giving a sort of LIFO granting process =/
No, they're correctly sorted, it's just that once a creq is open for more than a week it tends to stay around a while.

Most creqs are granted relatively quick, if we're uncertain they stay around a while.
Amour wrote:
LIFO granting process
Exactly. :)
I had 400 creqs pending, and I've seen them being granted with the newest first.
Some mods grant from the bottom upward, others grant from the top down. It's mostly cause otherwise mods might open the same creqs.
Exp added some features though so more creqs should be granted from oldest first.

Like it matters anyway.

I dunno, can you see what mod has opened your creq. If so and you can't see any reason for the delay why not ask the mod why it's taking time?

Post by Rar »

Don't take 'owner' to seriously, it's just who looks at it first. Each mod is more or less qualified for various things, stuff gets left sometimes. If you think it's desperately important, bug someone. The backlogs in the hundreds were AOM caused though, and should probably not happen again.

Rar
Amour

Post by Amour »

Rar wrote:The backlogs in the hundreds were AOM caused though, and should probably not happen again.
Until foreign people start to hash their foreign files with AOM.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

We're all foreign, I think I've dealt with one creq from a Japanese person, and they were probably lying.

Rar
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

PetriW wrote:I dunno, can you see what mod has opened your creq. If so and you can't see any reason for the delay why not ask the mod why it's taking time?
I can see they're all opened and the mod who did so. I always assumed some mod just clicked to see what it requests and then left it to be for some unknown reason (like, too little japanese knowledge to verify the creq). I'd like the mods to look at creqs that noone has taken ownership of yet, and do so if they think they can handle it.

I know it [the delay] partially coincided with the new AoM, but I wish PetriW had waited until the mods' hands were empty (ie, most creqs granted) before releasing something that caused such a huge number of creqs. I think I saw the database having several hundred new/open creqs shortly before the release.

(Note to self: I need to search for some new anime with missing romaji and tildes in its episode titles so I can bug rar some more with tilde-containing creqs.)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

;_; Tildes make me cry... ;_;

Rar
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

people are again discussing about things they know nothing about... how many times does that need to get said for people to finally understand. i mean you don't know how the panel looks like, how creqs are sorted, our guideline to grant creqs, the aom trusted staus and various other stuff, but still you go on discussing about "the workload"

creqs are only a lil portion of the work of mods. seriously. it can be a couple hundred per day, but thats done in 2-3h for 90%. whats left are the tough cookies. still those are rare and far in between.
if a creq is not done in an instant that it's because a mod is hiding from it or just doesn't feel compentent enough for it. like romaji creqs for which rar is the only active mod who can take care of those.

point is creqs are no big deal. if i look at what i do per week on anidb creqs take normally upto 5h per week aka nothing.
so please finally stop that bickering about petriw and aom.

and yes that can annoy me. it might be meant with good intentions, but it backfires.
if you really want to help mods go write wiki, add companies and categories to anime or participate in the open threads in the discussion forum. people cling too much to the creqs and think thats the only thing mods do all day it seems...