[MERGE] Godannar + 2nd season

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... h=big+o+ro

I haven't seen Godannar, but what about the Big O. Haven't seen this one either but it has the same issue as stated here and it's one entry. There is almost 3 years between the 13nd and 14nd ep. If Godannar is stays split, then the Big O should split as well.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Oh, historically, it seems that tv series have been merged, and ovas have been split. There are a lot of multi-season tv series in the db given as one anime entry (big o is a nice extreme example), and it's probably best in this case too. Just the unbending nature of the rows. and reliance on 'facts' that are really quite trivial is amusing.

Rar
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Hm, don't you think, Rar that it is facts "that you are not interested in" instead of "really quite trivial is amusing"? How those facts proven with screencaps any different from, say, facts about names with images you've shown to windmage in this thread?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Point is, they could number entirely arbitrarily, and that doesn't automaticially dictate how we represent it in the data structures we have available. For instance, if some l33t anime decided to number the first broadcast episode as '26' (which, for instance, Berserk could quite easily do), it would probably still be sensible to put that as 'episode 1' in the database. Likewise, I suspect on original airing that the bebop episodes were numbered 1-12, but we now include them as numbered as part of the full 26. These 'tricky cases' *have* to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, you can't just come along as say 'ep numbers are like this, therefor it has to be done this way'.

Rar
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

They could be named entirely arbitrary as well. Why not use "Anime 1", "Anime 2" instead? Come on, it is same problem again - it is authors who decide such things not DB. Even if they want weird numbering (which is, BTW, not applicable to Godannar - it have absolutely normal numbering) DB must follow it. (Speaking of this, Kujian really should be renumbered. If there's DB technical limitations for this - something must be done to allow such numbering).
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, there was a long dicussion about Samurai Champloo also. The studio published as Second Season for the TV release, but they started from ep 18 and now that they released the DVD they dropped that naming scheme. There are already releases of Goddanar in DVD? They might end doing the same but if not I'm for keeping the two seasons.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Why only DVD name would count and not numbering scheme?
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Rar wrote:Point is, they could number entirely arbitrarily, and that doesn't automaticially dictate how we represent it in the data structures we have available. For instance, if some l33t anime decided to number the first broadcast episode as '26' (which, for instance, Berserk could quite easily do), it would probably still be sensible to put that as 'episode 1' in the database. Likewise, I suspect on original airing that the bebop episodes were numbered 1-12, but we now include them as numbered as part of the full 26. These 'tricky cases' *have* to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, you can't just come along as say 'ep numbers are like this, therefor it has to be done this way'.

Rar
Aw come one. George Lucas chose to name the first Star Wars Episode IV and only after he made public that he now produces the first trilogy they all started to put the "IV" to "VI" everywhere when mentioning the "old" or now "second" trilogy.

Of course you are right, in the end the ubermaster EXP and then the mods decide how to represent something here but honestly you two start to annoy me.

rowaasr13 is, plain and straight, a pain in the ass when it comes to any argument.

And you rar are really a hardass, trying to set row straight every time. Get a clue, you won't reach him. If you think it is a good idea to state your opinion, do it, and then start ignoring row since in the end he always shows how silly his arguments are. He always believes he is right no matter what. Of course I understand your point. You can't tell such a person he is right for from then on he is going to rub that under your nose.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of those two idiots on a certain german mailinglist :-)
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

rowaasr13 wrote:Why only DVD name would count and not numbering scheme?
Because he said so.

C'mon buddy, go visit Black Jack 2004's page and start arguing to remove episode 3 for it wasn't shown *snicker*

The idea is that DVD releases are more persistant then TV schedules and the numbering the author/producer of a series chose.

Of course once a series is re-released or released differently in different countries or on different media (LD, DVD, VHS) you are again in a mess but you have to understand that people who have been in the "business" of naming and ordering anime on this website tend to ask for a logical solution before numbering things different.

And in the end, row, what the hell is your problem? Just rename the files on your harddisk yourself and be done with it. You can chose whatever you want to name the stuff you have in your own domain, your home, your harddisk, your website. You stated your argument, now wait for what people think is best to do and stop bitching

You annoy people.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Skywalka, will you please go read this thread and then official site again. TV and DVD numbering order are the same.

I could care less if I annoy anybody when I'm requesting correct change. I'm sure, that changing all titles from english that they are so used to to japanese did annoy a lot of people, but this is their own problem, sorry.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

bla bla bla bla bla

It's not what you want, it's the way you are asking for it. You always think because you think something is a certain way it just HAS to be changed to your liking.

That's where you are wrong.

You count as much as any other person and a lot less than any admin or moderator. Bitching like a total ass even lessens the amount you count. Anybody asking politely is worth more than your wiseass comments.

You should get the idea that you simply annoy people and just because of that everybody would hate to approve _anything_ you say.

So either you start changing your attitude or simply face that fact that you will always get a nice reply from me stating that you are a moron.

No matter how much I think you could be right.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Skywalka, will you kill yourself if I ask really nicely? Anyway, go read start of the thread. I don't see anything that could be considered "not nice". I think that you just call "bitching" anything you don't care about.

Anyway, I recently finished Godannar and now can confirm this from plot position as well: there's no meaning in watching only first 13 or last 13 episodes - you won't see conclusion to any of plot lines (except, maybe, Max' - because it ends in just two episodes) if you watch only first and you won't understand lots of things if you watch only last episodes, like where do Milla or Lu come from, who are all other countries pilots, etc... 13th have preview of what happens next and 14th starts exactly where 13th left.

So, plot continues without interuptions, just as numbering does. Is there any other reasons not to merge?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

rowaasr13 wrote:there's no meaning in watching only first 13 or last 13 episodes
I thought there was no meaning in watching these series so I dropped them. :P
Anyway, that a second season is attached to the first and vice versa happens in lots of animes so I don't see that as a valid point to make it a single entry. Anyway, this seasons issue should be handled in another way as it's becoming quite troublesome for some people, it seems.
rowaasr13

Post by rowaasr13 »

Hm, DonGato, do you have in mind example of separate entry first season without ending in DB right now?

My main reason for merging is numbering and naming, though, as I've already said. If there's method to keep two anime called "Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!" in base with eps. 1-13 and 14-26 - I wouldn't mind much, even if I won't understand benefits of this separation. And if there ever will be ability to mark seasons in one entry I'll just forget about all this altogether.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Condor Hero?
Seikai no Senki?
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki?

http://www.aicanime.com/newsarchive/godannar.html
http://www.b-ch.com/contents/godannar/index.html
http://www.godannar.com/

Why even the Japanese site says Second Season DVD?