Trying to put subs with the same name of the movie.

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

n4rut0

Trying to put subs with the same name of the movie.

Post by n4rut0 »

Yo guys... i'm trying to play with the autorename utility in the AOM it works wonders
i'm using %a - %E%G%CRC for anime and %a %Pep%G%CRC for movies

where %E=%epno, %G=[%g] , %Pep=- %epart

i'm so happy with the nice way all my file looks :) really... but then as nothing can be good forever there comes the .sub and the srt files O_o as they have their own CRC the client puts them with a CRC of their own and WMP and MPC or most players never auto-load the sub cuz the filenames are diferent is there Anycode i can use to solve this or i must remove the SRT and sub files from the extension filter and rename them myself...

Note": i'm not so lazy, so i can do it myself but... if the prog can do it why not use it? :)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I'll try to have a solution for this in aom 0.6. It's kinda a problem you get when you include the CRC though.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

All of my subs files lie about the crc. If you were really leet though, you could add some junk data in a comment at the end of the sub file to 'fix' it to have the same crc as the avi.

Rar
n4rut0

Well... as i'm not that lazy...

Post by n4rut0 »

Yup... till now the problem is solved just dont letting AOM check sub and srt files then naming them manualy with the same name as the Movie... it takes some secs but u cant be that picky ^^.

solving it on .6 looks like a hard work cuz the database doesnt have most of the subs and well if the sub isnt on the database how the program will know that sub match a movie/ep?... hum... i'd like to know how to do it.