Help Needed!! ^_^*

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Hellooo ^_^ [Asian Virus]

Help Needed!! ^_^*

Post by Hellooo ^_^ [Asian Virus] »

Hellooo ^_^

I'm new over here so i need some help concerning AniDB...
When i was copying & pasting my anime list of ed2k links to MyList , it gave some errors and, because of that, i couldn't add some animes that i have...

One that i was trying to add was Pet Shop Of Horrors, the 4 eps. But AniDB didn't recognized the 1º one in spite of being from the same fansub - Anime-Dream!

Can you help me with this? :oops:
I realy, realy, realy would apreciate that someone could explain that to me.

Thank you all! ^_^

PS. I'm not asking for places where i can manage ed2k/bittorrent/... links or something like that! I just want to understand why i can not download certain eps of my anime list to AniDB when they are from the same font/Fansub.

Thank You! ^_^
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

The ed2k dump can only understand english characters.

But the characters are in english... or else the last 3 eps that i've add wouldn't have been!! :cry:
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

Maybe your file is corrupt and therefore not in the database? Check the CRC32 or the other hashes andib provides and you'll know. If it is corrupt, you can either add the D-A file by hand and set the state in your mylist to corrupt or you can get a good version from someplace.

CU,
lamer_de

lamer_de wrote:Maybe your file is corrupt and therefore not in the database? Check the CRC32 or the other hashes andib provides and you'll know. (...)

CU,
lamer_de
What do you understand by corrupt?! :oops:
Because my file is perfectely fine without any errors but AniDB doesn't recognize it! :cry:

lamer_de wrote: ...you can either add the D-A file by hand and set the state in your mylist...

CU,
lamer_de

Never the less, can you explain me how can i had my file by hand into the AniDB?

Thank you! ^_^
egg

Post by egg »

Take a look at the wiki.
kidan

Post by kidan »

To help you a bit with the corupt-file-part, I'll quote the relevant part of the wiki for you:
Adding "personal" corrupted files

If your specific (corrupted) version of the file isn't listed on AniDB, for example because of some hard- or software-problem on your side or because you manually edited the files, in most cases you should not add them to AniDB, because they serve no purpose for other users.

Don't worry - you can still list such files properly in your mylist. For example: You have a corrupted version of group X's release. Navigate to the corresponding episode where the regular, uncorrupted of group X's release is listed and click on the "add file ()" icon. On the next page, you can select the "Type: corrupted version/invalid crc" so that your mylist-entries properly indicate which version you have.

If there's no crc-valid version of group X added for the release you have, consider adding the episodes' generic files to your list instead.
In short: The file you've got got damaged (just a very little bit, as you did not notice it) and therfore differs from the officially released version of the fansub group. Please fix your file or proceed as suggested.
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

Or the smart move find someone the patch