[MOVE][FILE] FID 148061: Tweeny Witches ep 5 & 6

old granted and denied CREQs

Moderator: AniDB

Caster

Post by Caster »

I don't think these improvements of DVD version should mean UNC flag or even new anime entry. Summary of the improvements in anime's description together with the source: DVD in file entries should be enough.
Amour

Post by Amour »

hhaamu wrote:Well, zero cuts to the video, if we don't count the aspect ratio change. I noticed that the TV source video had its edges cut, so that in some cases even the characters that were speaking remained mostly off-screen in the 4:3 version.

Do these cuts warrant marking the files as censored/uncensored?
If edges are cut, then it's definitively a censored version.
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

have fun marking all fansub releases of Planetes, Chobits, Zipang and probably an assload more as censored then.

This has nothing to do with censoring, it's just that the anime is broadcasted in 4:3 instead of 16:9. So, obviously things get cut out (it's called pan&scan).

Well, I don't know if this anime needs an updated entry, but it's more or less the rule nowadays that the DVD version differs from the TV broadcast. May it be 16:9, cleaned up drawings, more fluid motion or something like that (examples out of my head: Moonphase, Bleach, ROD TV, Gad Guard)

CU,
lamer_de
Caster

Post by Caster »

Amour wrote:If edges are cut, then it's definitively a censored version.
Don't confuse censorship with technical limitations...
Amour

Post by Amour »

Oh sorry.
But now I learnt that I should never watch a DTV release when there is a DVD available.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

feel free to continue the discussion here:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3063
thats the old moddiscussion thread i mentioned before. now that i got my discussion forum i moved several things there including the multi ep thread