Version selectable also in mass add form [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Tomynocker

Version selectable also in mass add form [tracked]

Post by Tomynocker »

I had to add a batch of v2 files. i used mass add for this but afterwards i had to go through all the files manually to set them on v2.
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

If this dialog were to be enhanced I'd like to have SHA hash and playing time columns in the mass add table as well, any maybe columns for kb/sec values of video and audio. Plus one field to add a generic comment to all files.
Tomynocker

Post by Tomynocker »

the difference between my sugestion and yours is, that mine can't be detected by aom and yours can for most filetypes....

well..of corse you could just put all fields from single file add form into massadd form...or give you the choice of using the smaller mass add form or the advanced form...
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

Tomynocker wrote:the difference between my sugestion and yours is, that mine can't be detected by aom and yours can for most filetypes....
This seems to be true only for the SHA hash (I have switched to AOM only recently). AOM can't detect many other values so far, like the video attributes of non-AVI containers, which I have to collect and enter manually (using MediaInfo, and sometimes even manually splitting Matroska containers and analyzing the streams).

So the actual usefullness of the "mass add" dialog will always depend on how close the features of AOM are to the file types currently used - and what I can observe, MKV and OGM containers are getting quite popular these days. If AOM would satisfy all my wishes I wouldn't post a feature request for the HTML interface any more.
Amour

Post by Amour »