REQ: Ignore Group [ONTODO]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Gambit
AniDB Staff

REQ: Ignore Group [ONTODO]

Post by Gambit »

Now we have an option to hide hentai, or ignore specific genres in the search. We also have an option to hide raws, but sometimes you want to watch raws too, while not wanting to see all raws.
Or perhaps sometimes you put a notification on by 'new', but instead of the groups you`re waiting for, you also get all the raws to see and groups you really weren`t waiting for. And while you can choose a group to follow during a notification, it`s not always that the group you want to follow has already released a single episode. So in the following 2 weeks you get a daily notify of l33t-raws, saiya-man, unknown groups and fansubgroups you consider so bad you don`t want to even be notified by them.

So, my request would be to be able to hide a group while browsing the lists and extending to see files.
Would that be an option to be implemented someday?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

There is already a request to hide releases in other languages so maybe this should be an option on how to do it. The problem is caching. If exp allows for every user to choose which groups to show then the load will be big as he won't be able to use much of the current caching strategy I think. I would go for something more generic as disable RAW and non-english raws.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

that or start using some client-side scripting to do stuff, distributed computing..
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yep, cookies and scripting would take a lot of work from AniDB servers but I think it was exp's policy not to use it until now. Maybe he can have two versions, one Lo-Fi and another with all the features people want and that take some processing.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

feel free to post some js code examples in the development forum for js based features you'd like to see.
if they do work in the latest versions of firefox and opera we could probably add them and provide a profile setting to switch them on and off.

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Mmm... I don't think is that easy, a page redesign is needed for that. The one people were discussing some time ago.