AniDB.info website - noob questions

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Devil Doll

AniDB.info website - noob questions

Post by Devil Doll »

Hi folks,

I just tried to "move in" to anidb yesterday, and I noticed several things that puzzle me a little. Probably it's my fault by messing up certain settings but as I cannot find the corresponding setting I have to ask for help now.

1. I did enable the profile settings for "see me in user list" for "AR member", "member" and "guest" but regardless whether I am logged in or not (checking with another browser while being logged on with the first browser, that is - i. d. same IP address but no cookies/session etc.) I can't find my username in the userlist. Any clue what happened here?

2. I added a number of animes to the mylist yesterday. But one of these animes (Haibane Renmei) "vanished" from this mylist (it was there yesterday but it isn't visible any more today). I added more files of this anime to the mylist via ed2kdump today but said anime still isn't visible in the mylist. All "show/hide" links on the right side of the browser window offer "hide [something]" thus I believe I didn't accidentally hide this series by my own settings. When I move into the series display of Haibane Renmei it shows me all the files I added to mylist so these definitions apparently still are in the database. What could I have messed up to make the mylist not show this series any more?

3. The "myplace" page tells me as a hint: "Not enough votes (at least 30 votes are required)." Which kind of votes does this refer to? The "myvotes" page tells me I have entered 46 votes so far.

Thank you for investing your time for reading this posting.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Some of them might be because of the recently introduced caching features.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

#3 Do you have at least 30 anime votes? group votes not included..

anyway it seems to be like a bug.. but what's your anidb username?
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

nwa wrote:#3 Do you have at least 30 anime votes? group votes not included..
anyway it seems to be like a bug.. but what's your anidb username?
My anidb username is "devildoll" (the registration procedure didn't allow whitespaces in user names), and the "myvotes" report tells me that I have "48 votes, avg. vote 6.04", all of which are anime votes. (I remember having given one vote for a release by "reii-ne" where I liked the translation very much, but no vote for a group in general.)

As for the caching, the "hint" section tells me that "(a DB maintenance task might be in progress)". Any clue how long such a caching might take? I have no problem waiting a week or so - I just wanted to know whether I did anything wrong that I'd have to change.

The Haibane Renmei group missing from the mylist is the one where I have the most files in, some of which I added to the database only yesterday. Could this be a reason why it is treated differently? Then again I added files to other animes as well (such as the "reii-ne" German sub of "Record of Lodoss Wars TV") which didn't cause any problems.

One more thing: My votes do change the average voting value of the anime (my "5" lowered Azumanga Daioh from "8.55" to "8.54"). So perhaps just the "not enough votes" message is wrong?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

#1 and #3 are caused by the same caching bug which I introduced recently.
Those will not fix themselves (normally a cache problem, like #2 will fix itself after 24h).

The #1/#3 issue was also reported here:
http://www.anidb.net/tracker/view.php?id=133

BYe!
EXP
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

Which means I cannot do anything about this effect but wait for the bug to be fixed? Okay then, I'll wait patiently; thread can be closed.
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

Um... it's been two weeks now, and no change... "devil doll" still doesn't appear in the user list, and the "myplace" display still shows:

Code: Select all

MyVotes  	
total: 	0               <===============
Latest Votes
Ikkitousen 	4
Hanaukyo Maids OVA 	7
AA! Megami-sama 	8
Love Hina 	9
Boku no Chikyuu o Mamotte 	4
more

Anime Hint 	
not enough votes
at least 30 votes are required
(a DB maintenance task might be in progress)
Is there any hope for me to get this fixed somehow?
Or - as a workaround for me - is there any way that I can see the summary values for my account that I'd otherwise get from the "userlist" display?
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I guess you mean "some way". Asking kindly like you did is reason enough methinks ;-)
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

well, all the bugs should get fixed eventually... maybe next week? maybe next month or maybe next year?
all depends on how much time EXP has to spend on fixing them
Elias

Post by Elias »

Devil Doll wrote:Um... it's been two weeks now, and no change... "devil doll" still doesn't appear in the user list
"devildoll" is listen in the user list, so at least this problem is fixed.
Devil Doll

Post by Devil Doll »

Everything's okay now - many thanks.