New messages bug [FIXED]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

sjabbie

New messages bug [FIXED]

Post by sjabbie »

Lots of times when I get a message I read and then I erase it. But after I erased the message I still get a notification that I got a message. On the notification it says that I've got zero messages but on the site it says I got a number of messages. It stops when I close the site and reenter.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Did you use the "back" function of your browser? If not: In what order did you move from page to page?
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

After I opened the link from the popup from the message notification, I read the messages and deleted them. Then I closed the screen of my mailbox and the notification. After that I continued with what I was doing on the site and then I got another notification. But on the site the number of messages was the same and on the popup it said zero messages. I didn't used the back button.

So it was in this order. I opened the main page from AniDB. Then the popup came, so now there are two sites. I clicked on the popup, so that makes three sites. Read and deleted messages and closed third site. Then I closed the popup, that's the second site. On the main page I clicked on a link like myplace and then I got that popup again. I've had this problem several times by the way. It started I think begin march.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

On the "Messages" page, even after reading or deleting all new messages, does it still show "! X msg(s) !" below your username on the left?

If not: Instead of clicking on a link on the mainpage, use the "search" function with a random string (like 'lsyviu' - it doesn't have to find anything). Do you still get the incorrect message-count on the results page (+ popup)?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

might be a cacheing issue.
do you always have that problem now?
or only from time to time?
does the popup/message stop appearing after some time?

what exactly is shown on the left side of each anidb page.
between user: and the profile button?

BYe!
EXP
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

About the first Question from wahaha: Yes it still does show !x msg!.
The second question from wahaha: I don't know, haven't tried that.
As far as I know is that it stops randomly after clicking some links, after closing the website and once it stopped when I waited a long time because doing something else for a minute.

About the questions from exp:

1&2 I always have that problem.
3 Stated in the first part of this post.
4 It keeps on showing !x msg! and in the popup that comes with it, it shows 0 msg(s).

Are there some suggestions that I should do when this happens?
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I found out that this bug doesn't occur every time. When I click on the link in the popup then the messagesscreen opens. If I've opened all messages and deleted them, then everything works fine. If I delete all messages without opening them, then this bug occurs. I don't if this helps but I thought it would be nice to mention it ;).
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

please check if this does still happen after todays anidb update.

BYe!
EXP
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

Well I think the problem is fixed. I had a couple of messages and I played around with them to see if there were problems, but everything worked as it's supposed to be. Thanks :).
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Not on-topic but related: there is still no way to fix the "popup still appearing when profile option set to disable"?
I still have them... :cry: