Files shown in Anime list - usercount, in mylist [NOBUG]

already fixed bugs

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

Files shown in Anime list - usercount, in mylist [NOBUG]

Post by Skywalka »

Hi there,

http://www.anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb. ... 1#eid_7575

I am irritated. I have both File 11961 in my Mylist as well as the external subs, which were moved from a special to the 1st Episode Entry (Full Movie).

A couple of things irritate me and I have questions about them

A) Tthe file I have for the movie has over 50 users. Yet when I expanded the filetree for the Episode, only FID 33601 as well as the moved subtitles 11962 were shown. I had to explicitly click the "show all files" link. Why is this? FID 11961 has 66 users who have this file in their mylist. Why isn't it shown instantly? Additonally, I have it in my Mylist. Why isn't it shown instantly then either? There are two reasons for this FID to be displayed at once, and for the FID not to be hidden, especially in this case, where there are no other sources for this Anime then crappy ones (VCD source, 320x240 resolution)

B) Why are subtitles in some Anime entries listed as specials while in this case they are movied to the Episode entry? Is this a new policy? Can I file change requests (or better: add a message to the board) whenever I stumble across a case like this?

Thanks in adavance for your answers folks :-)
egg

Re: Files shown in Anime list - usercount, in mylist *irrita

Post by egg »

Skywalka wrote:A) Tthe file I have for the movie has over 50 users. Yet when I expanded the filetree for the Episode, only FID 33601 as well as the moved subtitles 11962 were shown. I had to explicitly click the "show all files" link. Why is this? FID 11961 has 66 users who have this file in their mylist. Why isn't it shown instantly? Additonally, I have it in my Mylist. Why isn't it shown instantly then either? There are two reasons for this FID to be displayed at once, and for the FID not to be hidden, especially in this case, where there are no other sources for this Anime then crappy ones (VCD source, 320x240 resolution)
This has to do with the "Hide raw files on anime page" in the profile, this is not a deprecated file...
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Re: Files shown in Anime list - usercount, in mylist *irrita

Post by Der Idiot »

Skywalka wrote:B) Why are subtitles in some Anime entries listed as specials while in this case they are movied to the Episode entry? Is this a new policy? Can I file change requests (or better: add a message to the board) whenever I stumble across a case like this?
thats not really a new guideline, but all subtitles are going to get moved to the eps entrys as they started to mess up the anime entries.
and yes if you find some feel free to pm a mod, make a post here or create a "fake" creq.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I wonder who was the illuminated that started moving to specials back then. :roll:
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Ok thanks for the info :-)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

DonGato wrote:I wonder who was the illuminated that started moving to specials back then. :roll:
Having external ("no group") subtitles in the same ep didn't make sense until after file comments were shown directly on the file listing.
Since it's now possible to quickly find out which files belong to each other via the file comments, specials for them no longer make sense.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I don't see the difference as you have to mouse over the file comment icon to know it. Anyway, by just the size you realize what it is. :roll:
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

it's not about WHAT it is but FOR WHAT!
the filecomment should have somthing like

"external subtitles for fid xxxxx"