I can't access the main site.

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

Atreides6874

I can't access the main site.

Post by Atreides6874 »

I was able to access the main site before using Firefox, but for some reason now i get a blank page with no error messages. I can use IE to access the main site, but I want to get Firefox working.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Atreides6874

Post by Atreides6874 »

I have tried using both of those but I still can't seem to get Firefox to connect to the site.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

So... was that just a temporary thing or do you still get a blank page?
Atreides6874

Post by Atreides6874 »

I'm still getting a blank page with Firefox. I did recently have to redo my hard drive, because Windows XP was acting very funny. Before I redid my hard drive, I could connect to the main site with Firefox. However, since formatting all I get now is a blank page. I do notice that AniDB.Net does show in the title bar but that is all it does in Firefox. Maybe I missing something that allow Firefox to connect to the site correctly.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Maybe you use some kind of proxy (or personal firewall) inbetween that doesn't support the forced compression anidb.info requires.

Disabling/changing the proxy and/or personal firewall will probably make the page show up again. (That's of course no solution, but it can help finding out where exactly the problem occurs)
Atreides6874

Post by Atreides6874 »

I seem that one of the extension i installed was messing up the html tags. This was cause the blank page, now i just have to figure out which extension caused this problem. Thanks for all the help you have provided.
ipconfig

Post by ipconfig »

I was having the same problem, and sure enough it was a firefox extension that was causing the problem: MediaPlayerConnectivity 0.2.0. Had the same problem on a couple other sites. It probably has something to do with using gzip for a website, but this is only a theory. They'll probably release an update for the extension that'll fix whatever is causing the problem.