anime that are blacklisted should be hidden [DENIED]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Raptor

anime that are blacklisted should be hidden [DENIED]

Post by Raptor »

It could be great if anime in the blacklist woulb be hidden just like the "hide anime that i have" but active all the time.

It would allow those that feel that an entry doesnt belong in the database to remove it from their view (thus allowingt those that feel that it belong there to still use it).

It would also be great to remove entries that the user know he will never be interested in (like robotech when you have seen the 3 original series).

I'm sure users would find other usefulness to this feature (like removing hentai).

also i dont think it would be hard to implement as both feature already exist and would only need to be modified to work together.

http://www.anidb.net/tracker/view.php?id=111
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Mmm... no, not for me. AniDB is after all a DB for all anime and I want to have it in the list. But maybe if it's a new option everyone can choose it.
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

well this option simply assume that if you blacklist something its because you are not interested in it, but i may be wrong.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Well it's no use for hentai because in your profile you can choose not to show hentai.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I have a lot of entries in my blacklist but that means I don't want to get them, not that I don't want to know about them.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

DENIED - see tracker
egg

Post by egg »

For the record, I do think it is a good idea. I would not make it hidden by default, but I would make it like the 'hide animes i have' (which should be 'hide animes I have' BTW). That way the initial page would be cached and they would need to click to hide the unwanted animes...
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

sorry double post...
Last edited by Raptor on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

I see that its an implementation problem that i had not thought about so it cant be helped.

I dont quite get how it's harder for the system than hiding anime that i have seen thought. Could someone explain it to me im rather curious and have just finished learning SQL so id like to know such subtilities in optimization.

As for the idea it came from the fact that I am personally simply bored to always get robotech (i saw the 3 original series) when i search for my new mecha fix. For me the resolution will be rather simple, I'll create generics for these 3 series and they will get out with all the other things I have seen when ill be loocking for something new.

Those that hate a particular series can use this trick too. It cheat the animelist a bit but when you have seen as much anime as those that care about these things it no longer really matters. :D
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Raptor wrote:I dont quite get how it's harder for the system than hiding anime that i have seen thought. Could someone explain it to me im rather curious and have just finished learning SQL so id like to know such subtilities in optimization.
It isn't. In fact it's exactly the same problem. That's why there is no profile option for "hide animes I have seen".
Please also note that I have only denied the request for a profile option to hide blacklisted animes in anime list.
An additional filter which needs to be clicked manually every time isn't that bad performance wise as most ppl will probably not click it.

BYe!
EXP
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Now that make much more sense to me.

Seem like I will try to use this feature a bit less than now. :)

So if my idea isn't completely rejected. Should i make another request or updating this one is good enough.

Because i still think that it could help tune down the anime/not anime problem and also would be great when looking for something to watch without the cheat that i currently use.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

if you can edit your tracker issue then please do so.
if you can't then please create a new one.

BYe!
EXP
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

The previous entry being closed i had to create a new one:

http://www.anidb.net/tracker/view.php?id=120