We need Episode Vote icons... [tracked]

old granted and denied feature requests

Moderator: AniDB

Skywalka

We need Episode Vote icons... [tracked]

Post by Skywalka »

Example: FLCL

1400 users, not 1% of them voted for the episodes. 11 for the first one is less than a percent.

I think there needs to be a new icon for every episode entry - maybe next to the "Action" icon, or to the left next to the episode number.

This way or the other, to make the episode voting option anywhere useful in the near future, there should be a more visible indicator that you can vote for single episodes than accidentilly stumbling over hit when you visit the Anime's vote graph - or, and that's even less likely, the episode's property page.

thx,

bye

Sky
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, I don't vote for episodes so I wouldn't like any visual notification for it i couldn't get rid of.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

DonGato wrote:Well, I don't vote for episodes so I wouldn't like any visual notification for it i couldn't get rid of.
agreed. voting for eps is a total useless stat. :P so if some notification is implemented at lest add some way for the sane members to deactivate it :P
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I agree with the 2 above :P
MaJutsu

Post by MaJutsu »

I vote fore episodes, so i would like it ^^
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

At the moment I think a lot of people don't know they can vote on episodes and therefor don't vote. If nobody votes at all while the feature is presented prominently, then I'd suggest the Episode voting option to be purged. It's not like I really need that feature, but as long as it is there it should be either used or removed.

I think AniDB has gotten so many new features in the past year one almost forgot the lack of implementation of generic files *wink*
Amour

Post by Amour »

How can I vote for an episode ?

[edit]

Oh, I found it, but the vote result is not displayed on the episode list, too bad. :(
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

it's displayed on the vote graph page, on the right part of that page. on the left side are the temporary and permanent votes for the whole anime.